Just speculating

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Just speculating

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Just speculating

• Just speculating

• David Marlow

October 1, 2021 at 12:49 pm

With prices rising and with improvements to suspension and other parts, Aptera prices may need to be increased. Hopefully these increases will be offset by the new Tax credits.

• Randy J 20820

October 1, 2021 at 1:50 pm

I do hope they keep the price as originally quoted. Being from Canada I won’t enjoy the same incentives you do. However, I invested to get the 5% discount.

If things go well I should see enough capital gains to pay for a few Apteras.

I’m not sure if the 2 seater will work for me in the long run and I may have to buy the 4 seater, assuming there is one.

• Philip Raymond

October 1, 2021 at 6:49 pm

I’m assuming prices rising would only happen to future orders, not those already made. Bait and switch is frowned upon by consumer protection agencies.

• Hans Roes

October 2, 2021 at 4:43 am

Except that so far, no one has placed an actual order.

• Fanfare 100

October 2, 2021 at 7:00 pm

Agreed that no one as of yet has placed an actual order. But it’s also a matter of managing people’s expectations. I believe that such speculation is more an worry wort thing because Aptera already baked in 30% margins which are ample for such deltas. If they wish to up the price, there’s always the batches for those who have yet to make their reservations, otherwise some of the more recent people currently on the list who hang on may be seeing their vehicles earlier than they’d expected as they will naturally move up the list.

• John Malcom

October 2, 2021 at 7:48 am

Yes, Prices are rising on everything do to supply chain issues and increased labor costs. Certainly the price of used cars and to a lesser extent new cars have gone up considerably.

We need to realize that Aptera is a company. They need to make revenue and generate a profit to stay in business and deliver these marvelous machines. That may necessitate a price increase.

I have confidence in the management team that they will not try to take advantage of the supply chain or other costing issues to raise the price unless absolutely necessary and then only the amount that is needed to cover increased cost of material and labor.

They do not have billions in capital reserves as a cushion to fall back on to hold a price line. They must generate revenue from operations.

Much of the vehicle build is outsourced. I am sure Aptera manufactures some of the components, but “Build” for Aptera is more assemble than build so they are slaves to the prices of their providers.

I believe the value of the vehicle, at least to me, is greater that the current price and will be willing to pay some extra when the vehicle reaches production.

Hans is right. None of us has an order, only a reservation.

Elio is an example. started out at $6,800. then went to $7,400 now “Targeted” at $14,900.

We all will make a purchase determination based on our own value proposition (Cost vs. value)

• Fanfare 100

October 2, 2021 at 7:06 pm

I also trust that Aptera will do everything in its might to not upset current expectations whilst also being mindful that they must make a profit.

One of the many reasons I like Aptera is the fact they do not use Elio as their example. Heaven forbid. lol Elio can do Elio, and Aptera can do Aptera. From what I can see so far and the philosophy that Aptera has embraced, Aptera’s management, first principles, foresight, ingenuity and practices are leagues beyond that of Elio’s imagination. Thank goodness.

• Llewellyn Evans

October 2, 2021 at 8:48 pm

With the improvements in design for the suspension and other parts that you mention …. prices for those components may come down as the parts are optimised for cost of manufacturing and performance.

• John Trotter

October 3, 2021 at 7:23 am

I think the thing to watch is battery pricing. Major chunk of the whole cost. Good news is that there are lots of new developments on technology, including production cost. Bad news is that EV popularity may outstrip supply, and hence increase user (Aptera) costs. Monitor the price of the larger battery options.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now