Investors?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Investors?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Investors?

• Investors?

Henry Kitt updated 1 week, 2 days ago 5 Members · 6 Posts
  • Wilson Tsai

November 24, 2021 at 8:12 am

Curious which round investors came in at?

Bought in Aptera’s last round.
    Doubled down again on this current round.

I absolutely love what the company is doing and what they stand for.
    Solid co-founders and management team.

Been following Tesla, Rivian, Sonos, Lucid and it would be great to see Aptera’s public debut (SPAC/IPO) be as successful.

I did a thought experiment for the worst case scenarios to keep expectations in check though:
    They take way longer to go into production resulting in a delayed IPO/SPAC.
    Severe market downturn or cooling off of EV mania, resulting in only a $1b-$3b public market cap debut.
    Lukewarm public interest beyond the niche community of Aptera lovers.

If the above does become reality, would I still have invested?
    Absolutely. Only regret was not having been part of the first WeFunder raise.

PS: Mad kudos to anyone who took part in their 2019 WeFunder campaign when they were only valued at $25m!

• Paul Kirchner

November 24, 2021 at 2:57 pm

I sure didn’t roll as high as you but I did throw down some money. I did it just because they’re trying to do something worthwhile. And trying to do something for the good is better than not.

• Wilson Tsai

November 24, 2021 at 5:21 pm

No matter what your amount, it’s one more vote of confidence in their mission of giving drivers a more sustainable alternative mode of transportation. ✌

• Joshua Caldwell

November 26, 2021 at 8:56 am

I invested on the second fundraising, the first was already filled and closed within hours and before I went online to do that myself, I invested an equal amount when the Alphas were done and will do same with Betas are done.

• Dave Mckenna

November 26, 2021 at 10:43 am

Do you think they might close this round at some point? I seem to remember hearing that 40 million would get them into production. There was a recent published report that they had raised 28 million in this round, but I’m not sure how stale that info might be.

• Henry Kitt

November 26, 2021 at 11:27 am

They’ve been seeking $40 million this round, and collected at least $28 million so far, but they received $20 million in the previous round and $4 million in the Wefunder round before that. I believe they said they had enough for production a long time ago. I’m a bit surprised they haven’t already raised the additional $40 million this round, but beforehand they were seeking $30 million this round and just decided to increase it to $40 million, I think to work on their 4 wheel prototype and to avoid another round before the IPO.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now