Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Investing in Aptera

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Investing in Aptera

Tagged: , , ,

• Investing in Aptera

Henry Kitt updated 1 week, 2 days ago 25 Members · 59 Posts
  • Sarah

Administrator
    July 27, 2021 at 11:47 pm

UPDATE: Aptera has opened up a new fundraising round. You can find the latest financial information available on our dedicated investor website: https://invest.aptera.us

All investors over $1,000 will receive a free pre-order reservation and $10,000+ earns a 5% discount on the final purchase of your Aptera. Thanks for supporting our mission to develop the most efficient transportation on the planet!

NEED HELP?

If you invested in Aptera during our most recent round, you can reach our offering support team by phone at 253-300-0383, email at invest@aptera.us, or by live chat at https://portal.aptera.us/

If you invested during our fundraising campaign on Wefunder and have questions, please email support@wefunder.com or visit https://wefunder.com.

If you have general questions and would like to reach the Aptera team, please email us at info@aptera.us.

• Roshiyu

August 10, 2021 at 10:42 am

Would it be possible to have a section in your profile to review how much a person has invested into the company?

• Sarah

Administrator
      August 14, 2021 at 12:32 pm

Yes, it’s possible! We plan to add this in the coming weeks and add investors from all of our past rounds. Thank you.

• GLENN ZAJIC

August 10, 2021 at 11:32 am

There needs to be an easy way to invest IRA funds in your next investment round without setting up a new account with a new brokerage. I know when (if) you go public this will be available, but I would like to invest more before that time.

• BRUCE MENGLER

August 10, 2021 at 6:07 pm

I share your frustrations, since I, too, would like to buy Aptera shares using IRA funds.
      Aptera does NOT set the rules for IRA investments; the SEC sets them.
      In order to buy private placement Aptera stock using IRA funds, you must comply with the existing rules & requirements. I striving to get my Self Directed IRA account properly established so I can use IRA funds to buy more Aptera stock. I am discovering this is a non-trivial undertaking.

• Norman Roberts

August 11, 2021 at 3:42 pm

How are we able to invest in the current round ? I invested in recent offering in July. When I follow links to new opportunity I just see my original investment with no apparent way to invest in current offering

• Leonard Nowak Nowak

August 11, 2021 at 4:14 pm

I only heard the next round is coming soon, in one of the videos with Chris Anthony, but no specific date.

• Norman Roberts

August 12, 2021 at 7:23 am

If you go to https://invest.aptera.us/ it shows new investment at 8.80 per share.

If you click on Invest button, you will be able to log into your investment account if you made a prior investment. There is a button INVEST AGAIN, follow thru and price per share shows as 3.80 ??

Is a new round open or not ???

• Raj Giandeep

August 12, 2021 at 9:15 am

It’s switched to 8.81 within the portal. Looks to be open

• Gabe Kemeny

August 12, 2021 at 1:17 pm

Looks like $8.80 to me.

• Bojan Majdandzic

August 13, 2021 at 2:32 am

Wefunder gives the following answer on my Aptera investments on Wefunder:

Thanks for reaching out. Your terms are stated in the contract. For updates on your investment, please reach out to Aptera here: https://wefunder.com/<wbr>aptera/ask. Please let us know if you need anything else!

And questions used to be is answered by Chris Anthony until June 25.

• Steve L

August 13, 2021 at 1:22 pm

I just happened to click through the investment part of the website and the shares offered now are at $8.80/share. I bought in a previous round and mine are $3.80/share. Are these the same class of shares or are they different?

• James T Pace Pace

August 13, 2021 at 2:26 pm

The $8.80/share offering is for Class B shares. My earlier investment was for class A shares at $3.30.

As I recall, the class A shares came with voting privileges, and class B shares do not. Any finance gurus on the forum to spell out the differences?

• Dennis McCall McCall

August 13, 2021 at 2:31 pm

Pretty sure that all of the investment opportunities (Short of large qualified investors,) so far have been non-voting. (Stock experts, any input?

• Henry Kitt

August 13, 2021 at 5:16 pm

Both the previous round and this round were Class B, no voting privilege, but same earnings potential as Class A.

• Steve L

August 13, 2021 at 9:30 pm

So does this mean that people now are paying 8.80 for something that we paid 3.80 for a few months ago?

• Dean McManis

August 14, 2021 at 1:01 am

“The $8.80/share offering is for Class B shares. My earlier investment was for class A shares at $3.30.

As I recall, the class A shares came with voting privileges, and class B shares do not. Any finance gurus on the forum to spell out the differences?”

This is not how it reads in the current investment circular. It does show the Class A shares coming with voting privileges, and no voting for Class B shares. But the last investment round (which I invested in) was only Class B/non-voting. And this offering is only Class A/voting shares, at $8.80 a share, with a minimum investment of $1,000.

• Henry Kitt

August 14, 2021 at 1:50 am

From their filing: “Aptera is offering Class B Common Stock in this offering. As of the date of this Offering Circular, the company has 54,275,588 shares of Class A Common Stock and 3,063,291 shares of Class B Common Stock issued and outstanding. Additionally, the company has received signed subscription agreements for an additional 1,208,070 shares of Class B Common Stock at an offering price of $3.80 per share. that have not yet closed.”

At $8.80 a share I believe the valuation is close to that of SOLO around $400-$500 million. However, Lucid (LCID) went public at a $24 billion valuation recently, and is up to $39 billion valuation for a vehicle that’s very overpriced, looks like a Xpeng P7 that’s half the price, and won’t come out until 2023 or later.

You can expect at least a 10x increase in valuation to minimum $5 billion by the time of an IPO. That is a conservative estimate. My degrees are in Finance and Economics and I trade for a living. But that doesn’t mean much, cause finance guys are wrong all the time. I consider this an extremely low risk high potential reward investment though.

Why? Aptera is the most aerodynamic production car ever, first solar car, first 1,000+ mile range base car, fastest ever car under $40k with a 3.5 second or better 0-60, first car that never has to be fueled or charged, the fastest charging EV on 110v outlet, cheapest car ever with butterfly doors, the first ever production car with in wheel hub motors, and possibly the first car to be designed to use Tesla super charging network. So it’s revolutionary… at a time where Tesla market cap and a start up like Lucid Motors have outrageous valuations while over promising and under delivering.

• Henry Kitt

August 14, 2021 at 2:13 am

When the price was $3.80/ share, there was still some level of uncertainty as to whether the car would make it into production, but it became clear that’s not a concern after they demonstrated the speed at which they can procure necessary funding. Your risk could technically be considered less now at $8.80/ share than previously for that reason, so you pay a premium for that.

• Gabe Kemeny

August 14, 2021 at 9:02 am

@Michael what has changed in the last two months, since the last funding round, that makes the Apetera stock more appealing? There’s been virtually no meaningful news since.

• Henry Kitt

August 14, 2021 at 9:43 am

Like I said, they have shown their ability to raise capital. They have enough money now to go into production when before they didn’t, and they have people waiting in the wings eager to invest again. That was something that I would say wasn’t proven before. Even Aptera was overwhelmed by the level of enthusiasm to invest, and this is before trying for a government grant or loan, and before going public. If a company like Aptera has enough capital before sales can fully be established, then it won’t fail. So I estimate their chances of failure to bring at least one successful vehicle to market as 0%. Plus if you invested at $3.80 you’ve already seen a massive gain, on paper, so you can expect the next funding round to double again or more, depending on when it occurs.

• Dean McManis

August 14, 2021 at 12:07 pm

Again, I don’t think that the difference in stock price is due to increased valuation. I think that it is mostly the difference between this round of Class A (voting stock), compared to the previous Class B (non-voting stock) value.

• Dean McManis

August 14, 2021 at 12:29 pm

You are right Michael. I read it wrong. They are offering Class B stock here at the higher price.

• GLENN ZAJIC

August 14, 2021 at 1:32 pm

All good answers Michael!

• Kenneth Solberg

August 18, 2021 at 4:19 pm

MichaelK, Thank you for expressing your insight and opinions.

• Barry Hendriks

August 14, 2021 at 7:09 am

I just wish I had MORE money spare to invest – #APTERA is gong to EXPLODE onto the market makng TESLA look like a kindergarden party!

• Norman Roberts

August 14, 2021 at 10:38 am

If you invested in first round 10K plus you receive 5% discount on vehicle purchase. If we invest in 10K + in 2nd round for 8.80 per share would we receive an additional 5% discount for a total of 10% towards vehicle purchase ??

• Henry Kitt

August 14, 2021 at 10:44 am

No, anything over $10k invested shouldn’t matter as far as discounts. Though maybe if you invest a million you can ask for like 50% off…

• Jeff Vayda

August 16, 2021 at 4:10 am

Why did Amb not get a coincident email with the latest SEC funding round announcement which dropped Aug 3? 🙁

• BMW Bloch

August 17, 2021 at 11:58 pm

Just invested again.

The interface is cumbersum at best. It is more guess work than guided. And to no surprise, despite having logged-in, seeing my first investment from June, it confirmed my investment by eMail yet asked me to upload documents again.

All the same trouble like back in June.

Whoever designs these websites, I hope it is not the same team designing aptera car’s dashboard / entertainment center.

• Dean McManis

August 18, 2021 at 9:25 am

Yeah, it is truly a cumbersome interface, and problematic process. I invested previously and had some issues, and then just invested some more last week, and used a credit card to make sure the payment went through (and it did) but it is still not updated online as being processed. I still went ahead and invested some more last night and I hope that process goes well. Despite it being awkward, I am still very excited to be invested early in Aptera!

• Eric Winn

August 18, 2021 at 9:14 pm

Does the free pre-order reservation apply if you invested over $1,000 prior to July 27, 2021 or only to the August 10, 2021 funding round?

How does the free pre-order work?

• Henry Kitt

August 18, 2021 at 9:43 pm

Free pre-order is for both before and now. After investing you get an email with a discount code you can apply at checkout.

• Dennis McCall McCall

August 20, 2021 at 10:15 am

Also, if you had a reservation with a deposit, prior to investing the required amount, at the tme of purchase they will apply the $100 to your final price. (Info from a twitter reply to me 8/19/21.)

• Ravi Gupta

August 20, 2021 at 8:59 am

Could someone please repeat what was said in the investor call regarding share certificates and getting them registered with our broker?

• Harry Cowan

August 27, 2021 at 6:37 am

As a Canadian, can I invest or will the system get all funny with the SIN number?

• Leonard Nowak Nowak

August 27, 2021 at 6:54 am

NEED HELP?

If you invested in Aptera during our most recent round, you can reach our offering support team by phone at 253-300-0383, email at invest@aptera.us, or by live chat at https://portal.aptera.us/

• John Belmonte

August 27, 2021 at 7:06 am

I wrote to invest@ on Monday, and received no response this week.

I’ve never seen a live chat at https://portal.aptera.us/ — does it exist?

• Leonard Nowak Nowak

August 27, 2021 at 7:14 am

When I went through the process there was a green chat area on bottom right of my screen if tgat helps

• John Belmonte

August 27, 2021 at 2:52 pm

Thank you– it turns out my ad blocker was hiding the chat function on the funding page. I was able to contact someone.

My message to invest@ is still unanswered for a week however– it seems investing support is not monitoring that channel? Only got a canned reply about the Zendesk ticket number. Confirmed that nothing went to spam.

• Gabe Kemeny

August 27, 2021 at 7:43 am

@John Belmonte I was surprised on quickly I got help via the chat function – it worked well.

• Dean McManis

August 27, 2021 at 11:36 pm

I used the chat twice today and got an immediate response and good answers both times. One trick is that you definitely have to click on the green Chat button to get a live chat session. If you just post a comment it just sits there.

• Ravi Gupta

August 30, 2021 at 8:01 am

I have.

My Simplii MasterCard and Amazon MasterCard declined the transaction.

I’m now waiting to see if my wire transfer went through.

• Tim Tierney

August 31, 2021 at 4:21 pm

My Amazon/Chase card was not declined.

• John Belmonte

August 27, 2021 at 2:55 pm

I tried to fund by cashier’s check, as I consider that a form of check (and one that will clear more quickly).

But my funds were silently rejected– I had to initiate contact with support after a few weeks to learn what happened. It may be difficult for me to recover the funds from a cashier’s check.

If cashier’s check is explicitly not supported, perhaps mention that in the fund-by-check instructions.

Regards,

• Dean McManis

August 27, 2021 at 11:45 pm

I had this happen during the last stock offering. I thought that a cashiers check would be best, and I didn’t want to send a personal check Fedex or in the mail. But I got the checks returned with a letter saying that the funds were not traceable, or something like that. I believe that it’s a restriction for these kinds of investments to avoid money laundering. I resent the payment with a bank transfer and it worked fine. I did two more stock purchases this round. 1st with a credit card, and second with an ACH money transfer and the 1st payment went through fine and I got a confirmation, but the second purchase is still processing. I agree that they should add a note that cashier checks are not accepted, under the Pay by Check section.

• John Belmonte

August 30, 2021 at 6:54 am

Thank you. May I ask how long it took Prime Trust to return the cashier’s check to you?

• Fanfare 100

August 30, 2021 at 12:38 pm

I just interested my dad and a friend in investing as well. Might there be a referral bonus for investment referrals as well, maybe based on how much is invested? Obviously investing $1K is not the same as investing $10K.

• Leonard Nowak Nowak

August 30, 2021 at 1:33 pm
    • Henry Kitt

August 30, 2021 at 7:29 pm

I’ve gotten heaps of people to invest, there’s no referral incentive for that though, I’ve asked. Sad, since I find it much easier to do that than to get people to put down $100 for a reservation.

• Sarah

Administrator
      September 2, 2021 at 11:59 am

Interesting idea, and happy to pass this along to our team for consideration. I’m not sure quite how we’d track it (our current referral system is automated) but I’m open to discussing.

• Henry Kitt

September 2, 2021 at 1:15 pm

Hi Sarah, I can provide information about all of the people I’ve gotten to invest, you can reach out to them for confirmation, and others can do the same process.

For automation of this in the future… that’s probably a waste of time and money for you guys especially with an IPO looming.

As far as rewards and thresholds, I don’t know, I just want my Aptera asap, preferably. Or maybe free Safety Pilot upgrade after a certain amount of total investment?

I’ll certainly get more people to invest if there’s an incentive.

• Romeo Salcedo

September 13, 2021 at 2:29 pm

what do you think Aptera’s IPO price will be?

• Henry Kitt

September 13, 2021 at 2:51 pm

That’s a fun discussion. This will depend heavily on the date of the IPO, as well as how the market is valuing EV startups at that time. It will depend on how many deliveries have been made by that time and how many current reservations.

However, my guess is a $5 billion IPO valuation IF there is no prototype completed for a 4 wheel 5 passenger Aptera. If there is a solid prototype pre-IPO, I think about a $12 billion valuation, or possibly it being priced below that and quickly rising to that valuation in the market.

So, that’s $88-$211.20 per share, barring any kind of stock splits, etc.

Aptera should certainly have a higher valuation than Lucid Motors which was once at about $70 billion before the completion of the SPAC merger, and now at 32.47 billion, so 5-12 billion estimate is very conservative in comparison.

Fingers crossed 🤞

Viewing 1 - 20 of 20 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now