Interior Climate control

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Interior Climate control

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Interior Climate control

• Interior Climate control

Bruce Jankowitz updated 4 weeks ago 3 Members · 5 Posts
  • Steven McGuigan

August 30, 2021 at 4:59 pm

I haven’t seen any information about the A/C and heating for the car. Since there is no coolant I assume the heater will be electric but will the A/C be a normal setup? Will these components be easily serviceable?

• Kenneth Bolinsky

August 30, 2021 at 5:49 pm

Not to be snarky, but this information has been discussed and time and time again: You can find the information listed in the Aptera FAQ spreadsheet and on Aptera’s Facebook page.

Yes, Aptera will have both heat and AC, as well as heated and cooled seats AND a secondary, solar-powered cabin ventilation system to maintain the interior at the ambient temperature when it’s parked in the sun.

Aptera drivetrain and batteries will be liquid-cooled – what Aptera WON’T have is standard air-cooled radiators and/or heat exchangers: The coolant will discard excess heat through the belly of the vehicle.

The HVAC system will reside under the hood (bonnet) of the vehicle.

• Steven McGuigan

August 30, 2021 at 7:06 pm

Understood. I searched the FAQ and just saw this answer:

“It does, and it is very well insulated with its sandwich core composite
    construction. The solar also allows the interior to stay at ambient
    temps on hot days so you don’t have to cool the car down before driving
    in the summer.”

I clicked community and searched for “air condition” and the only result was “Battery insulation”

I clicked the search on the Facebook page for “air condition” and no results were found.

This is why I created a new question. I wasn’t sure if there was more technical information somewhere.

• Kenneth Bolinsky

August 30, 2021 at 10:29 pm

My bad – it was a CONSTANTLY repeated topic on the OLD Forum, which has not been ported-over to this Forum.

Seriously, it seemed as if someone would post, “Does this thing have AC?” every single day!

I know that Aptera is trying to source a heat pump system for the vehicle but, if they can’t find one, they’ve said they’ll use a resistive heater and an electric AC unit. They’ve also mentioned using Peltier modules to heat and cool the seats.

• Bruce Jankowitz

August 31, 2021 at 10:03 am
Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now