Ideas

• Ideas

Ray Holan updated 44 minutes ago 4 Members · 4 Posts
  • Trevor Fernandes

September 28, 2021 at 3:30 pm

I’m an investor, pre-order holder and an ambassador wanna-be. Will the vehicle have a hitch? Does it have any towing ability? A bicycle rack may be great option to add. It would also be awesome to have a charger under the rear hatch to charge e-scooters. Once the sun charges the internal batteries, can we use the vehicle to charge an external power wall?

• Harry Parker

September 28, 2021 at 5:35 pm

Will the vehicle have a hitch? Yes, a hitch mounting point is in the plans — Good for a bike rack or a lightweight (motorcycle style) trailer. I heard the towing limit would probable 400 lbs or less (trailer + load). Still needs to be tested, so these are just goals for now. Certainly it would eat significantly into the range.

Tha Aptera will come with an inverter for a 120 volt AC outlet so you can charge your laptop, scooter, e-bike or any other EV. (240 volt AC for Europe.)

• Curtis Cibinel

October 1, 2021 at 4:31 pm

Thanks great to know about the AC outlet. My current car has this and it is quite useful. Hopefully it will also have a “cigarette lighter” or its power only equivalent because they are really helpful for a compressor in an emergency (or filling the paddleboards).

400 lb tow limit is still lots for plenty of use my use. I’m thinking about bike / kayak trailer with one of those folding trailers.

• Ray Holan

October 24, 2021 at 10:18 am

Trevor, I love my Tern folding bicycle. Even if Aptera does not provide a bike rack, a folding bicycle should be able to fit folded down into rear cargo area. There are many manufacturers that make folding bikes. Some of them even have electric motors. Thought I’d let you know in case you hadn’t considered that option.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now