I’d like to connect with other ‘Reservers’ from British Columbia!

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions I’d like to connect with other ‘Reservers’ from British Columbia!

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions I’d like to connect with other ‘Reservers’ from British Columbia!

• I’d like to connect with other ‘Reservers’ from British Columbia!

Mike Barrett updated 1 week, 1 day ago 3 Members · 10 Posts
  • Mike Barrett

September 9, 2021 at 10:36 pm

I live in Sechelt, a 40 min ferry ride from Vancouver, & I have ‘dreamt’ about a Sola<font face=”inherit”>r powered car for decades, so I am very excited to have reserved my 600mi Luna !</font>

I’m interested in possibly creating a B.C. Aptera network/club (?) and the 1st Aptera road rally.

Anyone else from B.C.?

Interested ?

• Christopher May

September 10, 2021 at 11:17 am

It may not be B.C., but Saskatchewan is in Canada at the very least, right? 😛

• Mike Barrett

September 10, 2021 at 4:57 pm

Hello Roshiyu, nice to hear from you. Congrats on your forward thinking in scoring this cutting edge vehicle! Guess it would be meet for coffee in Edmonton eh..? 🙂

• Christopher May

September 10, 2021 at 10:05 pm

The one time I drove through a big city, a friend and I were lost in Calgary for 6-ish hours trying to find my brother’s house. But I could try and brave another big city.

…. Might be late though. XP

• Ronster

September 10, 2021 at 12:08 pm

Okanagan Valley here.

• Mike Barrett

September 10, 2021 at 5:03 pm

Hello Ron, thanks for replying.

Do you think there will be any problems importing these to BC?

And/or any issues insuring them? I’ve considered sending ICBC contact info to Aptera for them to ‘pave’ the way prior to delivery…

• Ronster

September 10, 2021 at 5:35 pm

I don’t see a problem. If they are DOT licensable in the U.S., that is more than half of it.

Paths have been put in place by some other manufacturers (Bombardier/CanAm, Campagna, SOLO &/or others) and the three-wheel motorcycle classification part also makes them much easier to bring to market regulatorily.

N.B. Still ensure they ROCK with superior/automotive safety & they will be ahead of the game.

P.S. Political Climate; I think the pressure is on for eco-friendly answers in the marketplace and the politics of ALL parties should be good with willingness to assist.

Given these are going to be built non traditionally in “micro factories” (think boats or some trailers) of sorts, opening a small CANADIAN facility is in Aptera’s benefit & favour as I’m sure there would be gov’t BUY-IN, support, favorable terms and/or investment IMHO. Leverage it.

• Mike Barrett

September 10, 2021 at 5:50 pm

Right, I forgot that there are currently at least a couple of 3 wheeled units out there; I have encountered a few Solo’s in the lower mainland over the last couple of years.

Is there currently a plan to set-up manufacturing in Canada?

Personally, I’m interested in putting my retired tech skills to work as an Aptera ‘repair’ agent in my locale, should anyone else on the Sunshine Coast acquire one. I expect to be lonely as the old Maytag repairman…

• Ronster

September 10, 2021 at 5:59 pm

I think I understand their process, approach & intent to use some existing tech (perhaps reapplied, repurposed, reconceived) plus some newer tech who’s time has come (hub motors) and personal experiences in the recreational market with boats; composites & hull building.

That said, if you think of how some of this can be done in smaller, less complicated facilities… remote assembly of components nearer to target markets and cities is both doable and likely IMHO. Less is more in this regard regarding components; they found a sweet spot by thinking outside the box.

Canada should be up there high on their list and early.

• Mike Barrett

September 18, 2021 at 12:08 pm

Do you know, are you familiar with the steps required to Import the Aptera to BC/Can ?

I’m unclear if that will be up to Aptera to deal with or not, due to their statement that the car will be delivered to the new owner. Clearly there will be a large cost involved for taxes etc.

Any insights or info on this issue?

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now