Hood colors without solar?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Hood colors without solar?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Hood colors without solar?

• Hood colors without solar?

Paul Evans updated 1 month ago 4 Members · 4 Posts
  • Mark Sumner

August 14, 2021 at 6:19 am

Does anyone know what the hood color will be if you opt not to get the solar in the front? I’m an old time Aptera fan (Production Slot 120), and I still love the super clean all-white look of that first model. Right now I’m down for a solar roof and solar “tail,” but I’m hoping that in a non-solar version the hood deck will be body color.

Does anyone know? Thanks.

• Leonard Nowak Nowak

August 14, 2021 at 8:12 am

Yes same as body color is my understanding… unless you choose the $ option for a custom exterior possibly

• John Malcom

August 14, 2021 at 12:29 pm

I believe all of the Sol Apteras on the site have the nose cone either gloss black or covered with black solar cells. Will there be a change with the Betas or future prototypes to make the nose cone the body color or make nose cone body color an option, or If so under “Custom” exterior color or as an unpriced option?

• Paul Evans

August 14, 2021 at 3:01 pm

If the hood color is an issue, I’d recommend finding a reputable car film installer. I think it would cost far less than the custom exterior charge. I was told that Aptera would be using 3M films for wrapping, so all one would need is the 3M color specification for the color you want to match.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now