High detail Aptera Stl 3d model (first draft)

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions High detail Aptera Stl 3d model (first draft)

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions High detail Aptera Stl 3d model (first draft)

• High detail Aptera Stl 3d model (first draft)

• Curtis Cibinel

November 18, 2021 at 10:13 pm

I just finished and released my first version of a high detail model of the aptera (including interior and moving wheels). Eventually I’m hoping to get the doors and hatch functional. This prints as many parts then is assembled / glued together. Windows are meant to be semi rigid clear plastic (ie laminate nothing and use the clear plastic).

Some details are embossed or enhanced so they show up on a print. I’m still physically printing the first run myself so this is very much a beta release. Fdm printers may have challenges unless they print it huge.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5140895

• Leonard Nowak

November 19, 2021 at 4:54 am

I can’t believe the talent out there…

Well done!

And just before the Holidays.

Got any Black Friday specials?πŸ˜‰

Custom teardrop trailer next?

• Curtis Cibinel

November 19, 2021 at 9:54 am

Peter’s bubble door and hinges are first. Maybe I’ll do a solar hatch/hood options after that. I’m unclear how a trailer hitch will connect to the car. Real world I’ll be making a custom lightweight kayak carrier trailer for my Aptera.

As to printers for anyone wanting to get into to hobby get the cheapest mono screen resin printer. Deals should be around $140 usd this year. Resin is toxic so wear nitrite gloves and maintain good practises.

• Curtis Cibinel

November 28, 2021 at 4:02 pm

After problems with my printer (dead screen) I just finished printing and painting my first mini Aptera. To simplify things I changed it to a simple stop/bottom clamshell (vs painting about 16 pieces). My painting skills aren’t great and this was about 3 inches long.

PS: Lol just noticed I forgot to paint the lights / license plate…. Oops

• Oz Man

November 28, 2021 at 4:42 pm

I’m going with I’m impressed. (the painting is probably that you didn’t spend enough time in your youth playing Dungeons and Dragons and painting the little miniatures.)

• Curtis Cibinel

November 28, 2021 at 6:25 pm

Youth 🀣… Tuesday

Ps: does anyone know if the hood will be black or the wrap color without the optional solar hood? All the alphas were essentially the solar hood but not hatch.

• Markus Schmid

November 28, 2021 at 6:49 pm

Wow, that’s one cool thing! An Aptera model car! πŸ‘πŸ»

It looks really nice and proportions and shape seem to be quite accurate, congrats!

Thanks for sharing this. So refreshing to see that kind of enthusiasm. πŸ™‚

• Gordon NIESSEN Niessen

November 28, 2021 at 7:13 pm

Tried to download it and am getting a 404 error.

• Curtis Cibinel

November 28, 2021 at 9:37 pm

Try again soon. Thingiverse is dumb when I make edits (uploaded these photos) it flakes out. In the future I’ll wait a day after updating to promote it on other platforms.

• Markus Schmid

November 29, 2021 at 6:58 am

Hi Gordon, try to download the 4 files individually. This worked for me while the option “download all” gave me a 404 error as well.

• Curtis Cibinel

December 3, 2021 at 7:03 pm

For anyone having download issues with thingiverse the files are now on cult3d. https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/aptera-beta-with-interior-and-moving-parts

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now