Good Lights at the End of the Production Tunnel

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Good Lights at the End of the Production Tunnel

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Good Lights at the End of the Production Tunnel

• Good Lights at the End of the Production Tunnel

John Malcom updated 2 weeks, 1 day ago 4 Members · 5 Posts
  • John Malcom

September 11, 2021 at 10:28 am

Glad to see Pablo Ucar’s cameo appearance in the September update. He is a great fit for the production position. He has both EV startup (Faraday Future – currently on life support) and Aerospace production and supply chain experience. In my opinion, the best experience qualifications he could have as they are the most demanding production environments and, as been noted in the September update by Chris Anthony, supply chain with COVID may be a long pole in the tent. Like the CO-CEO founders who learned what not to do when they resurrected Aptera, Pablo’s experience at Faraday will be invaluable avoiding first time startup production pitfalls. (Previously a big concern for me) His experience with the complex, process and quality-based production in the Aerospace domain will be invaluable implementing the Munro tailored production process both effectively and efficiently.

A perfect storm (Good one) of cogent, experienced leadership, and proven, successful, process assures Aptera of the best possible chance of a timely, and defect free first production run at forecasted volume.

And not to leave them out, hats off to engineering as well. Designing and engineering the Aptera with production in mind from the start contributes significantly to risk reduction in production and will keep Sandy Munro from having a Mach-E like collapse. when looking at the production version of the Aptera. Great multidisplinary engineering to simplify the design. If you don’t think engineering is important to production, watch Sandy Munro’s video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1dQtlrI7uU

Oh yeah, I guess we should say something about the CO-CEOs consistent quality management of Aptera and their insightful selection of critical staff. Good job guys.

• Kenneth Bolinsky

September 11, 2021 at 10:36 am

I always worry, though, that the light at the end of the tunnel is that of an oncoming train… 🤣

That aside I, too, have good feelings about this: Everything seems to be advancing cautiously and carefully – small steps instead of giant leaps.

• Henry Kitt

September 11, 2021 at 11:18 am

I think they’ll need to scale with additional factories sooner than they anticipate. The number of reservations are about to explode once the crash test ratings come out, and Doug Demuro gets his hands on a production intent model, followed by MotorTrend and everyone else, and when people start seeing first deliveries on the roads.

Probably a much bigger explosion will happen when they unveil a 4 wheel sedan, with preorders for that going through the roof possibly next year.

This is a very good problem to have though, and IPO money should help them scale fairly quickly. The car does seem quite easy to piece together, outside of electrical.

• rich garlick

September 12, 2021 at 6:05 am

All great points. I just hope there aren’t too many cooks in the kitchen. Very much looking forward to Chris & Steve bringing this vehicle to market as quickly as possible and scaling worldwide. I seriously hope there are NDA‘s and ties to Tesla. If they have that… Aptera is going to be the sleeper no one saw coming. This is a great vehicle and has been in the pipeline every bit as long as the Tesla vision has existed. I seriously want Chris and Steve to get all the respect and credit they deserve when this becomes the hit it has the Potential to be. Cheers Aptera !

• John Malcom

September 12, 2021 at 7:15 am

Too many cooks in the kitchen is always a potential problem. Haven’t see signs of it yet in Aptera. Given the difficult environment they are working in they always seem to have a single, consistent story and no sign of “Big” egos at the top of management that have to have it their way.

Good, Consistent management evidenced by progress to date. Of course, like in stocks, “Past performance is not necessarily an indicator of future Performance”

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now