Forum improvements

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Forum improvements

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Forum improvements

• Forum improvements

• Hans Marius Torgersen

October 16, 2021 at 10:03 am

I have some suggestions for forum improvement.

– On my phone after a lot of replies the comment becomes very narrow, see attached screenshot from this thread https://www.aptera.us/community/discussion/realistic-delivery-timeline/

– Zoom?

– Luna timer, although a good idea, seems to block the top of the new post editing?

I hope you have the chance to look into this at some point.

Realistic delivery timeline

• Marlin Press

October 16, 2021 at 4:45 pm

Hi Hans,

I had the same concern about the narrowing text. If you turn your phone sideways (landscape) it filled in properly. I found this out by mistake actually.

• RMichael Curran

October 17, 2021 at 6:49 am

Another suggestion: I get an email notification for every time a post is made on any forum, regardless of whether I have replied to that particular post. Although this keeps me apprised of new posts, I would prefer only getting notifications when someone posts a reply to a thread that I have also posted to. My email inbox is full enough already!

Or does someone know a better way to thin these notifications?

• Marlin Press

October 17, 2021 at 12:57 pm

H Mr. Curran,

No expert here but you may try going into; My Account/Edit Settings/Email preferences/Forums (at bottom) and change to ‘No’ or unsubscribe to some of the forums you are subscribed to?

Just trying to help out here. Hope you have success.

Marlin

• Oz Man

October 17, 2021 at 1:22 pm

• Robert Klasson

October 17, 2021 at 10:29 am

I would like to have page numbers at the top as well as the bottom of pages. Having to scroll down to be able to navigate to the last page of a thread where new posts are usually found is a bit annoying.

• John Malcom

October 17, 2021 at 11:03 am

WWould suggest you all use the form in the contact Us section as the forum is not monitored consistently. It is more for the use of enthusiasts to post comment on Aptera for others to see

• RMichael Curran

October 17, 2021 at 11:46 am

Thanks John – good idea.

• R Daniel Hood

November 13, 2021 at 12:44 pm

I seriously doubt the Contact Us feature is monitored. I have already sent two or three requests over a month and never received a reply to any of them. Very interested to make a large investment but now couldn’t care less.

• George Hughes

October 17, 2021 at 12:36 pm

I’ve seen better forum software. That said, the issue with navigation to the last post, regardless of whether the topic has one or more pages, is solved by clicking on the “time line” for the last post at the top of the topic … i.e. when it says ‘eight minutes ago’ that is an active link to the last post.

• kerbe2705

October 17, 2021 at 6:03 pm

Sarah explained to me this past week that they’re having a lot of difficulties with cookies: They’ll get something working on one browser only to have it break on another.

Some days the website will remember my login and others it will not. For the longest time it wouldn’t remember my nickname, although now it does – but it doesn’t use it!

The only thing good about this forum seems to be that it hasn’t attracted bots and spam…

• Philip Raymond

November 7, 2021 at 11:57 pm

“The only thing good about this forum seems to be that it hasn’t attracted bots and spam…”

Kerbe2705 I think Ghost Kitchen is a bot and/or spam, right below your comment.

• Volker Schöch

November 10, 2021 at 6:49 am

See related discussion here:

Forums/discussion boards technology

• my_discord_number_is_0328 bloody stupid

November 10, 2021 at 5:56 pm

its a bit weird that forums arnt divided by category like “chassis, drive train, interface, (or instead safety, charging, interior screen,) aftermarket, advertising (youtubers, magazines, owners etc plan things, ideas related to that) and “other (topics)”

• Diane Bai

November 11, 2021 at 6:41 am

This forum is just cumbersome to use , and not very personable. Volker suggested using another platform; I’d like to to see us on Discord. Perhaps there’s a server already? Anyway I’m willing to start one but how do I get the information out?

• david-tylor

November 18, 2021 at 1:52 am

GotoAssignmentHelp is one of the most popular fields of study these days. Every year, thousands of students get admission in different fields of management in different countries. GotoAssignmentHelp provides online Assignment Help in all fields and sub-fields of management. There working procedure is quite simple, and any student in any part of the world can avail this java assignment help UK without any problem. Students can contact the help desk any time during these stages, Assignment Help London and as many times as they require to get status updates, and convey any new information

• Micheal Socat

November 29, 2021 at 4:22 am

When moving long distances within the United States, hiring a car transport usa company is a great way to transport your vehicle. Knowing how to navigate through what you should and should not do can help everything go more smoothly. visit: https://apolloe.com/auto-transport/

• Joshua Rosen

November 29, 2021 at 1:58 pm

We are starting to get SPAM, the moderators need to be more aggressive about removing it. For example the post two posts preceding this one should be removed. I’ve flagged them but I’ve noticed that there are some other SPAMs that I’ve flagged that haven’t been removed, ADs are never appropriate unless they’ve paid the site.

• Paul Kirchner

December 1, 2021 at 10:35 am

I emailed Aptera directly to address this since it doesn’t appear anyone is paying attention.

Viewing 1 - 14 of 14 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now