For the people that worry to much about the moose test !!

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions For the people that worry to much about the moose test !!

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions For the people that worry to much about the moose test !!

• For the people that worry to much about the moose test !!

• Ricky Camacho

October 15, 2021 at 12:04 pm

Hi, guys I know we all worry about safety, but considering is a 3 wheeler we are doing so well even compared to other know brands, and yeah I know I know, it wasn’t a full moose but still. But some people worry too much about this test from what I read around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIN8CyhYREM

• GLENN ZAJIC

October 15, 2021 at 12:48 pm

But if it is moose season don’t you just go straight?

😜. I know I will get some grief over this!!

• Peter Jorgensen

October 15, 2021 at 1:35 pm

Skip to timestamp 1:30 – Too bad we don’t know what speed that is. But it looks fine. And they’ve added a swaybar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF34Rpqrk-I

• John Malcom

October 15, 2021 at 2:44 pm

The Mustang Mach E failed the moose test in Sweden as well.

Fortunately, I live in FL where we don’t have a lot of moose that want to cross the road, so my Aptera will be safe from tight turns at speed and from moose collisions

• Joshua Rosen

October 15, 2021 at 3:07 pm

Plenty of moose in New England, mostly in NH, VT and Maine but one was recently sited in MA about 15 miles from me,

Ayer Police Attempt to Corral a Wayward Moose

• John Malcom

October 15, 2021 at 3:19 pm

🙁 I understand they can be ill tempered. glad I don’t have to deal with them

• Oz Man

October 15, 2021 at 4:38 pm

A moose once bit my sister…

• Oz Man

October 15, 2021 at 4:39 pm

Mynd you, moose bites Kan be pretti nasti…

• John Malcom

October 15, 2021 at 5:44 pm

Based on these posts I would recommend Aptera add an emergency option……a moose catcher like steam engines had cow catchers mounted on the front back in the day

• David Marlow

October 16, 2021 at 12:22 am

Hopefully the new Roush developed suspension will fix the moose test problem and be applied in the beta versions.

• Steven G. Bueche

October 16, 2021 at 4:09 am

I seem to recall the the single swing arm was replaced with a double arm in one of the ‘Get to know our team’ videos. If so, wouldn’t this improve the handling more than a sway bar? I haven’t seen this addition to any of the Apteras yet. Maybe it’ll show up on the Luna. I’d have greater assurance if it was a double arm for longevity reasons. Although it might make changing a tire a bit more complicated.

• GLENN ZAJIC

October 16, 2021 at 9:38 am

I thought that too and was surprised that Chris did not mention that to Jay Leno when asked. Maybe it didn’t pan out.

• GLENN ZAJIC

October 16, 2021 at 9:40 am

Pretty sure the sway bar only effects the front.

• Bob Kirchner

October 16, 2021 at 10:20 am

When our last car got moosed, we didn’t have time to swerve. Meese are REALLY hard to see at night. That said, with its low front, slippery shape and record breaking roof crush strength, I suspect the Aptera would be pretty good at passing the REAL moose test, which is the one where you hit the moose.

• John Malcom

October 16, 2021 at 12:34 pm

Hope to never have to test that assumption

• Curtis Cibinel

October 16, 2021 at 5:21 pm

An Aptera with active air suspension and the indipendent drive should crush the test it and could be completely tuned in software In the feature request thread the concept of this option was raised as it would allow the car to also narrow the wheels to park (ideal for Europe) but it could also do amazing handling. Overall it would be an amazing option.

I suspect the 3 wheel drive should pass but likely not as impressively as most tesla.

Ps: I live in bc and it’s more a deer test here. The name shouldn’t be over emphasized. Same result you really need to maneuver fast.

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now