Floor Coverings

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Floor Coverings

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Floor Coverings

• Rene Provencher

August 21, 2021 at 10:02 am

I want Aptera to be the first car manufacturer to implement a rubber flooring with optional carpets. This way you eliminate the dirt and grim and musky odors that get trapped in the glued on carpeting by being able to remove the carpeting and get them thoroughly washed and being able to also properly wash the flooring inside the vehicle.

• John Malcom

August 21, 2021 at 11:24 am

Please leave that approach for the jeep/Broncos nation. I keep my interior clean and use mats if needed. I like my carpet. There is a reason manufactures install carpet rather than rubber flooring. Most buyers want that

• Rene Provencher

August 21, 2021 at 1:39 pm

Does not prevent you from having your carpet, it should be an OPTION.

• Raj Giandeep

August 21, 2021 at 2:21 pm

I like the rubber floor mats personally. Go to a pressure car wash, spray them down, clean again.

• Kenneth Bolinsky

August 21, 2021 at 2:42 pm

I remember my parents’ GM cars from the late 50’s/early 60’s when rubber floor coverings were common: Carpeting was an extra-cost option!

• Fanfare 100

August 21, 2021 at 6:33 pm

Thank you for your awesome contribution! That might not be a bad idea at all, given that I have chosen the off-road package, and the camping package as well, meaning that indeed it will be in the Jeep/Bronco category. BRILLIANT! No matter how much I shampoo the rug, simply being able to pull the rug out and washing it independently would be so convenient. Or simply not use the rug when I know I’ll be going into the woods with it. So many valuable great thinkers on this forum!!

• my_discord_number_is_0328 bloody stupid

August 21, 2021 at 7:22 pm

nah the car shell is probably pretty friendly to water hose washing, just need a way to dump the water over the high door opening. i think jeep or bronco or whatever has a hole under car with floor shaped as slope, seats waterproofed, so can hose away mud and all. without a hole can work if user wants to vacuum water away but i dont know what if vaccums are normally water friendly.

carpet is toy nonsense that shouldnt be glued to car as standard, instead there should be a hook and clips built in, or hoodie sweater style tie down that wraps around objects like armrest, for various optional/aftermarket textures to be added on, be it different cloths, wood, stones, glass build, LED lit epoxy resin layer build, etc of whatever colors etc.

speaking of glass and epoxy resin, theres this similar thing of preserving dead bugs/flowers/leaf/butterfly etc in a glass/epoxy in some way that prevents decomposition of the carcass…

• George Hughes

August 22, 2021 at 2:17 pm

Why not just have Aptera get witih Weathertech and have some custom floor mats manufactured and just offer them as an option. These are the kinds of floor mats that actually go up the sides of the footwell and are designed to keep the carpets underneath perfect without concern for spills, etc.

• John Malcom

August 22, 2021 at 7:04 pm

Of course! George has a solution to satisfy both sides of the discussion. And, no engineering change required that would delay the production schedule. win win!

• my_discord_number_is_0328 bloody stupid

August 22, 2021 at 7:46 pm

im not sure if those rubber mats cover the whole foot area interior, muddy shoes/clothes would mess the walls of the foot area as well as the floor, so if i want to wash ill just get a cloth and might as well clean the chassis floor with the same thing rather than pull out and hose down a rubber mat. seats should be something one can hose away too.

• Philip Raymond

September 5, 2021 at 11:22 pm

Weathertech covers everything, they just need the floor specs to laser measure coverage. A paid trip to San Diego for a Weathertech rep to laser measure the Aptera cabin would be money well spent. Unlike most, Weathertech is not just mats, they cover the whole floor area, including the drivetrain area in legacy ice vehicles. They are also very easy to clean and made in the U.S.

• rich garlick

September 6, 2021 at 4:36 am

I fired off an email to weathertech this morning Asking them to reach out to Sarah Handwick / Pablo Ucar so she or he could direct a laser measurement expert to coordinate with the interior designer of the final Production spec aptera cabin and trunk. I did mention that people planned on sleeping in the trunk of their Aptera’s and that pets may be transported back there as well. I mentioned the need for softer materials in the back as a result and I said weight of their solution overall is a consideration. I got a bounce back email saying they would address it during regular business hours Monday morning. FYI

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now