First of the promised “Maker” videos has dropped!

Front Page Community Aptera Discussions First of the promised “Maker” videos has dropped!

Front Page Community Aptera Discussions First of the promised “Maker” videos has dropped!

• First of the promised “Maker” videos has dropped!

Pistonboy updated 2 weeks, 6 days ago 5 Members · 6 Posts
  • kerbe2705

August 23, 2021 at 5:31 pm

An interview with Aptera’s Lead Battery Engineer, Luke! https://youtu.be/DeNSS-NcT3A

• Fanfare 100

August 23, 2021 at 8:22 pm

Until they bring the thumbs-up button back: Thank you for posting this.

• Steve L

August 24, 2021 at 9:04 am

Great video. I just wish there was more technical information. I don’t mind the “meet the team” vibe of the video for the first video. Next time let’s get more specification and information though 🙂

• kerbe2705

August 24, 2021 at 10:54 am

These videos aren’t for “preaching to the choir” – they’re more about informing the general public and convincing the hesitant.

Specs are changing daily – they’ve told us this time and again during the various webinars. The tech info we gained from this vid includes the use of water-formed aluminum in the pack housing, their focus on reducing weight and simplifying manufacturing and their search for an maximized battery chemistry.

• Nick Michell Michell

August 26, 2021 at 11:03 am

For batteries, I understand that you don’t want to go out on limb, at least initially. So cylindrical cells, probably NCM chemistry, 400v … all standard stuff, and the key thing you’re thinking about is integration. I get it, but the pushevs website has these things to think about for the future:

800-volt systems: more efficient, lighter motors vs. 400v

Silicon anodes: silicon/graphite is here now, but higher % silicon is coming

Cobalt-free batteries: switch from NCM to LFP, you’ll lose some energy density, but gain in safety and cost, simpler management, and no conflict minerals

CTP battery packs: Check out BYD’s blade batteries, works well with LFP chemistry

Solar roofs: Aptera is already there!

V2G and V2L: vehicle-to-whatever is coming

Aerodynamic improvements: Aptera is already there!

Wireless charging: well, someday

• Pistonboy

August 27, 2021 at 12:19 am

I like the shirt he is wearing.

I don’t see it in the swag portion of the website.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now