Ferrari Aptera

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Ferrari Aptera

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Ferrari Aptera

• loswa loswa

October 22, 2021 at 3:39 am
  • Steven G. Bueche

October 22, 2021 at 3:58 am

I’ll keep this one. I have no more interest in ICE vehicles. Now they seem almost pointless. Besides, I never cared for Ferrari.

• Randy J

October 22, 2021 at 5:37 am

What is that about? Aptera is not Aperta.

• my_discord_number_is_0328 bloody stupid

October 22, 2021 at 9:06 pm

at least it looks good. but gordon murray t.43 is better concept as a new car. used low emissions car is better for environmental reasons, given electric car recycling problems and grid overload problems. gordon murray t50 is just too excessive im pretty sure almost everyone can be satisfied enough without that v12 lol, so much sacrifice for that engine is just succumbing to controllable emotions too much. czinger 21c, rage comet R are interesting too. nissan e power is similar to freepiston concept.

i commented wondering if aptera seats could be screwed away so you could screw driver seat and drive by wire steering and pedals for a middle driving position. also, if optional speakers do have 3d audio, maybe we can hear the torque vectoring in terms of torque, sound from each of three corners, controlled by steering wheel? only front to rear power shift changes automatically but at least that can be felt with cars weight shift under braking, acclerating, etc. RPM will probably be audible naturally, but maybe not. both together sounds interesting, torque being distinctly base heavier sound and RPM. a plugin gun handle style switch on steering for over a certain speed could be like a manual (virtual and exceptionally high torque) CVT (or 3-6 stage transmission, whatever is programmed, switch spring feedback can be set differently) by finger assuming you could keep hands in place for lock to lock steering, maybe by software change option above parking lot speed, under speed its auto CVT. i think it would be a cool aftermarket project. i originally thought of this for freepiston small battery car, maybe without the torque vectoring sound. and b/c its all electronics and basically like gun parts, it could be used in other cars.

other interaction novelties can be done like: consider lever to replace steering wheel so no need to hold arm to hold wheel for long time drive, rest arms and push foward backward, foward on left is more power and steering rotation to left wheels and turning wheel to turn right, and other way around, consider this as torque manager and steering in one interaction, but more foot pedal push means more RPM less torque and other way around.https://twike.com/en/twike-5/twike-5/, with existing motor torque vectoring held like joystick and maybe with air pressure torque multiplication.

as jhon said, this was for that benefit to allow more space for airbag to de compress with body pushing against it toward dashboard to allow more cushioning,

but it also to can allow ones arms to be rested on height adjustable arm rests instead of holding them up constantly on long drives vs normal wheel, and to allow dashboard (of normal car) to be closer to windshield field of view so it takes less time to change focus between display and windshield, and to allow more compact space toward front of cabin vs the middle part for sharper thus more font aerodynamic front end and less weight (similar to airel atom 4). also how about if the middle screen is not as big of a square and rather its a half size rectangle and the other half can exist at a dashboard more in line of sight of driver to make it quicker to change focus from looking at the outside to dashboard and back onto road, although phone app with optional USB mic attachment for voice command concepts from old forum are better at least for budget purpose oriented customer (which is i bet is most people and increasingly so as things generally become more expensive).

if steering wheel proves still better somehow and if max size driver ends up having knees near steering wheel in future cars, steering wheel can be smaller and removable like a ariel atom to allow person to get in and out easier or else driver would have to compact his first leg going in against his stomach or get it over the steering wheel. if aptera gets narrower then it would be more of a sporty car and in that case it becomes more sensible to have 3 spoke circle steering wheel that allows hands and thumbs to grip around it.

https://www.aptera.us/community/discussion/fan-art-for-aptera-sedan-crossover-truck-van-etc/

Fan Art for Aptera Sedan, Crossover, Truck, Van, Etc

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now