Aptera attendance at Events and Shows

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera attendance at Events and Shows

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera attendance at Events and Shows

• Aptera attendance at Events and Shows

Posted by Sarah on August 2, 2021 at 9:48 pm

What events would you like to see Aptera attend? We’d love ideas on where we can connect with potential supporters and raise awareness by speaking or showcasing our vehicles.

Biker replied 2 months, 3 weeks ago 46 Members · 62 Replies
  • 62 Replies
  • Aptera attendance at Events and Shows

Biker updated 2 months, 3 weeks ago 46 Members · 62 Replies
  • michael-rennick

August 10, 2021 at 12:38 pm

I’d recommend attending local, and regional, events when able. Aptera has done a great job building up grass roots support. Keep pushing that. Show up at a cars and coffee types of events on the random.

Here in Atlanta we have the largest event of that type.

https://caffeineandoctane.com

• greg-mirich

August 10, 2021 at 3:21 pm

Sarah, it would be great for Aptera to attend SEMA this November in Las Vegas as it is an international event with manufacturers from around the world, multi day event, with many thousands of participants

• john-malcom

August 10, 2021 at 6:31 pm

I would suggest the Amelia Island (FL) Concours d’Elegance held in March at the Ritz Carlton on Amelia Island. An up scale charity event with many upscale influential people. Usually held the first week in March. Considered one of the top automotive events in the world. most cars are classics auctioned off for charity. others there for exhibit only. Exhibiting or donating for charity auction will provide great visibility.

• david-clark

August 11, 2021 at 10:38 am

CES and/or SEMA are the obvious answers.

• robert-klasson

August 11, 2021 at 10:38 pm

When you get a european version finished, I would consider attending the performance and custom motor show at Elmia, Jönköping, Sweden. It’s arranged every easter (except during pandemics). Last time it had almost 77 000 visitors. Though it’s mostly oriented towards classics, custom builds and tuning, the aptera would get a lot of exposure.

It’s also centrally located in scandinavia, which has 4 of the 6 countries in the world with the highest market share of electric vehicles.

I may be biased though, living nearby.

• Gershom

August 12, 2021 at 7:25 pm

The ArtCenter car show: alma mater of Jason, and the best connection to tomorrow’s car designers. I can’t wait to drive my own Aptera on campus there!

• noah-blumenthal

August 13, 2021 at 12:18 pm

For NY, obviously the annual auto show. But I also love the idea of integrating with Earth Day celebrations. Or Earth Month as the NY Botanical Gardens celebrated it this year.

https://www.nybg.org/event/earth-month-celebration-2021/

• ryan-stice

August 14, 2021 at 6:13 pm

It highly depends on the goal. If general brand awareness and sales potential is the goal, the car itself is so eye catching, putting Apteras on display in high-foot traffic locations would grab a lot of attention. As an example, I recall a Polaris Slinghshot on display like this at the Sacramento Airport, at the base of the luggage claim escalator. It attracted a lot of attention with very high daily foot traffic. Picture an Aptera roped off with small sign with the name/specs, website (QR code) in a high traffic area at LAX, San Diego’s Airport, etc, or any market with a strong EV interest. Stadium parking lots, etc. would also work but are outside, only active on certain days, seem more problematic. You only need a ‘mocked up’ body, doesn’t have to be a fully functional unit.

• richard-garlick

September 15, 2021 at 10:21 am

Advertise ? Why ? Tesla doesnt it need it.

Aptera is more desirable than a four-door EV sedan and five times greener than any current available EV. People will come to you. Build it and they will come. Definitely the North American international auto show late September when you have a vehicle for sale next year. Barrett-Jackson is a great idea as well. SEMA and CES get a lot of attention and media coverage if that is important to you. I think you were doing a great job already!

• Riley

September 15, 2021 at 9:32 pm

These best “free” advertising will be reviews and recommendations from youtubers/influencers that love to make content with eye catching tech like aptera.

Marques Brownlee.

LinusTechTips.

Unbox Therapy.

• David

September 30, 2021 at 12:19 am

Bridgestone World Solar Challenge Oct 2023. See Ya Down Under

Parking is limited for Solar Electric Vehicles. Book a spot for Aptera soon.

A great Holiday opportunity for the hard working Aptera team.

• olivier-laroque

December 7, 2021 at 2:49 pm

There will be the second edition of the Remoove meeting on the La Ferté Gaucher track on the 9th, 10th and 11th of June 2022. It’s near Paris in France. This meeting promote all the EV makers.

Once the 500 units per year will be achieved, Aptera can registered a Team at the EcoGP : https://ecograndprix.com/season-2022/

We are also waiting for the calendar of the Albi Eco Race (France). There will be a race dedicated to solar EVs.

And of course, the Mondial de l’Auto in Paris from the 17th to the 23rd October 2022.

For sure I will attend all these events in France and many other if Aptera will come or provide me with a model. I also personnaly know many Youtubers such as Choucroute Garage, Tesla Riviera, POA, Automobile-Propre that have already presented Aptera on their channels and will be very happy to show a real model.

• gary-aulfinger

February 20, 2022 at 8:29 am

Has Aptera given any thought to showcasing an Alpha car at any auto shows? Fully Charged Live is being hosted in San Diego in September. I want to go! It would be awesome if we could see – or better – sit in – an Aptera while so close to Aptera’s home base.

• KayleighVenne

February 22, 2022 at 10:27 am

Hi Gary! Thanks for posting about this. We really look forward to sharing more about our 2022 event plan in the coming months as it’s a top priority for our Aptera Members to experience the solar electric dream machines firsthand! We value the importance of having an up close & personal experience with Aptera. We’re also aware of the Fully Charged event happening in San Diego in September! Stay tuned; it’s on our radar. Furthermore, we are prioritizing events that will allow us to educate communities on not only Aptera’s extreme efficiency, but also our mission to transform the world into a less destructive and more creative place through our breakthrough solar technology. We cannot wait to announce our upcoming events schedule. As Aptera Members, you’ll be the first to know. 💚

• laura-batchelor

May 23, 2022 at 5:22 pm

If you can get a rich person to buy and donate one to their favorite charity, Omaze gets tons of views by raising money for charities by auctioning off cars, houses, etc. I think the Aptera can be awarded pretty far into the future, getting a lot of eyeballs before delivery, since some of their auctions do run for months.

I would be DELIGHTED to see** one anywhere in South Florida, up to Orlando. St. Augustine is too far and the auto show there is for rich people anyway, so if you do that one, add a second show for us regular people. (**If my husband could sit in it before buying to see if he has old-people access issues, I’d be much more reassured about handing over that much money.)

• david-marlow

June 18, 2022 at 3:53 am

The biggest event is the Woodward Dream Cruse with about 1.5 million attending with television coverage. Drawing people from all around Michigan. I am sure we could arrange for volunteers to walk on both sides of the street to hand out fliers about it. I think it could stimulate 10, 000 orders.

• scott-kehl

September 3, 2022 at 5:19 pm

Arizona events: Car Shows (arizonacarshows.com). You can probably drive out and do a couple shows over a weekend.

• christopher-barrett

September 4, 2022 at 8:17 am

Lots of great suggestions, I love Pike’s Peak, and any and all Auto shows, Detroit, NYC, LA, and Barrett-Jackson, CES, Amellia Island, solar shows and environmentally aware events. Beyond that, print in JD Power, Consumer Reports, Car and Driver, Popular Mechanics, if it still exists, and all manner of reviews to be written. The YouTube community has had so many folks chattering about this, I think it might be nice to invite the (new press) to see feel and drive the finished product. There are many of them, and they seem to be a fan base, utilize it! Facts, like crash test performance, MPGe, 0-60 in 3.5/5.5 seconds, and range capability, to clear up any misconceptions. Place them in a special classroom to let them understand everything they want to know. They become as important as Aptera on the highways and byways of the countryside.

• Sam

January 8, 2023 at 10:01 am

Any and all shows where one might find billionaires hanging out. Like the Barrett-Jackson Car Show in Scottsdale, AZ or shows at places like Vegas or Atlantic City.

• UnidentifiedDrivingObject

January 8, 2023 at 10:42 am

CES is a MUST for Aptera to be in. If Aptera would cherry pick, due to cost constraints, a trade show or event, CES is definitely NOT one of them. People from around the globe, flock to CES. It is akin to an annual Technology Pilgrimage.

One of the leading voices on Aptera, Sandy Munro even has his own booth, for chrissakes. Aptera missing this is totally beyond me.

https://youtu.be/N7pQnjcDMmw

• michael-serrano

January 8, 2023 at 10:42 am

Something within South Florida. The state as a whole purchases a lot of electric vehicles.

• brian-green-2

February 1, 2023 at 8:29 am

Woodward Dream Cruise. It’s a massive festival that is all along Woodward Ave from Detroit to Pontiac. It’s typically focused around classic cars, but is also used to showcase anything interesting automotive related. Even just cruising up and down Woodward will guarantee to turn heads. Automotive clubs from around the country and industry leaders all join in.

• Ian_Thompson

May 26, 2023 at 1:04 pm

I’ve been just coming down from the buzz around the Fully Charged Show North in Harrogate UK over the weekend of 19-21 May 2023

I wore Aptera merch, was the only one representing the company there, happily talking to people who asked about the progress so far, met around a dozen UK reservation holders who all asked me “Is one here?”, met one UK Aptera Ambassador, had my referral link scanned by at least another 6 people, and even did a ‘reverse sales’ job promoting Aptera to the BYD UK sales manager and team, who were curious to know more.

Hopefully you can see what I did with my car, using the starting point from Raj Giandeep’s in-window poster. A few ‘got it’ when I turned up in a 17yr-old diesel car, covered in Aptera pictures and facts, and then added “If I can make the change, can you?” to it. Overall a great event.

I also talked to the Fully Charged presenter team, all of whom are fans of Aptera. I also had a great discussion with Roger Atkins, who visited the San Diego show in 2022 – he’s mostly over on LinkedIn, mostly wears a white stetson, and is connected in with companies like Rimac – and another keen Aptera advocate!

I’m not sure how big an upload can be attached here, but I’ll try adding PDFs of the posters I used in my car, plus the badge/stickers I made. The photos are of my car, plus me getting out of a Rivian R1T, and fitting into a Microlino ‘bubble car’!

• tiffany-slaton

June 14, 2023 at 7:41 pm

Is Aptera going to come to the east coast?

Maybe I missed it but there is a lot of progress with the delta model doing a world tour but I would really like a chance to sit in it and show it off to my friends in person in the southeastern states.

My grandparents refuse air transportation. Max we can drive from here is 13 hours ( why I need aptera in my life) but I would gladly do that and stand in line for a chance to touch it.

• Biker

June 15, 2023 at 4:19 am

Unlikely to see an Aptera at an event too far from their San Diego base for quite a while (6+ months?).

• Mr-Wonderful

June 15, 2023 at 4:49 am

The Mitty at Road Atlanta. Look it up. This is an event that all car guys in the south East try to attend. Porsche, BMW, Corvette, lambo’s, etc etc all have very large car corrals and Major car company’s are all there. It gets tremendous car exposure via the net and TV. An Aptera would be able to do some Parade laps on the track in front of everyone, tv (espn) cameras included.

It would be the talk of the event. It would be huge.

Page 1 of 3

or to reply.