Events

• Events

Philip Raymond updated 3 days ago 30 Members · 37 Posts
  • Sarah

Administrator
    August 2, 2021 at 9:48 pm

What events would you like to see Aptera attend? We’d love ideas on where we can connect with potential supporters and raise awareness by speaking or showcasing our vehicles.

• Michael Rennick

August 10, 2021 at 12:38 pm

I’d recommend attending local, and regional, events when able. Aptera has done a great job building up grass roots support. Keep pushing that. Show up at a cars and coffee types of events on the random.

Here in Atlanta we have the largest event of that type.

https://caffeineandoctane.com

• GREG MIRICH

August 10, 2021 at 3:21 pm

Sarah, it would be great for Aptera to attend SEMA this November in Las Vegas as it is an international event with manufacturers from around the world, multi day event, with many thousands of participants

• Peter Jorgensen

August 11, 2021 at 11:52 am

+1 for SEMA!

• John Malcom

August 14, 2021 at 11:24 am

With some caution. SEMA is Trade only show with little exposure to potential retail vehicle providers. It is the largest show its type for sure and held in conjunction with CES. But if the intent is to reach an early market of buyers with a limited budget, would suggest waiting for SEMA until there is a revenue flow to support some elective participation in events. SEMA would be good if press coverage of Aptera could be arranged as many “Civilian” auto enthusiasts follow the results of the show

• Ed Hansen

August 10, 2021 at 4:22 pm

Anything in Colorado so I can attend. 👍

• BRUCE MENGLER

August 10, 2021 at 6:14 pm

I volunteer to drive from San Diego any Aptera you choose to the LA Auto Show
    Dates: Fri, Nov 19, 2021 – Sun, Nov 28, 2021

• Charles Overbeck

August 11, 2021 at 2:30 pm

I second the LA Auto Show. Would be great time to show off the latest revision and get a lot of fresh eyes on the Aptera.

• Dan Roberts

August 11, 2021 at 6:30 pm

Sarah knows I would be at the Auto Show in a heart beat. Unfortunately they are very expensive, but think of the buzz you could start even in the parking lot. Get Disney to feature it in Tomorrow Land!

• John Malcom

August 10, 2021 at 6:31 pm

I would suggest the Amelia Island (FL) Concours d’Elegance held in March at the Ritz Carlton on Amelia Island. An up scale charity event with many upscale influential people. Usually held the first week in March. Considered one of the top automotive events in the world. most cars are classics auctioned off for charity. others there for exhibit only. Exhibiting or donating for charity auction will provide great visibility.

• David Clark

August 11, 2021 at 10:38 am

CES and/or SEMA are the obvious answers.

• Adrian deLisser

August 11, 2021 at 11:12 am
  • Dan Roberts

August 11, 2021 at 6:50 pm

The best advertising Aptera could possibly obtain would be to have vehicles out in the wild. Aptera will sell it just needs real world exposure or the LA Auto Show! Lol😂

• Robert Klasson

August 11, 2021 at 10:38 pm

When you get a european version finished, I would consider attending the performance and custom motor show at Elmia, Jönköping, Sweden. It’s arranged every easter (except during pandemics). Last time it had almost 77 000 visitors. Though it’s mostly oriented towards classics, custom builds and tuning, the aptera would get a lot of exposure.

It’s also centrally located in scandinavia, which has 4 of the 6 countries in the world with the highest market share of electric vehicles.

I may be biased though, living nearby.

• Gershom

August 12, 2021 at 7:25 pm

The ArtCenter car show: alma mater of Jason, and the best connection to tomorrow’s car designers. I can’t wait to drive my own Aptera on campus there!

• Paul Rowe

August 13, 2021 at 11:20 am

I really think that Aptera needs to be represented at the Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Technology Expo and The Battery Show, Sept 14-16 in Novi, Mi. What a perfect opportunity to show what the goal of electric vehicles should be, along with great networking possibilities.

• Noah Blumenthal

August 13, 2021 at 12:18 pm

For NY, obviously the annual auto show. But I also love the idea of integrating with Earth Day celebrations. Or Earth Month as the NY Botanical Gardens celebrated it this year.

https://www.nybg.org/event/earth-month-celebration-2021/

• Steven G. Bueche

August 13, 2021 at 1:55 pm

Track any local EV Events, Car shows (Large and local) Bike Nights, Fairs, VFW Halls (The military all love mine) Any Beach get togethers and large corner lots with major intersections. Heck, I’ll even go to the schools Parent Teacher Nights for a crowd! 😜

• Tim Kelly

August 14, 2021 at 1:58 pm

I’d like to see a cross-country tour, stopping in major cities. You are offering folks an opportunity to become ambassadors for the company and the vehicle, but it’s difficult to do that without actually seeing the car. National Drive Electric Week comes up next month and there will be events all across the country that you could plug into. I and a group of volunteers are having one in our community outside Pittsburgh and we’d be ecstatic to have you show up. It would be amazing.

• Paul Evans

August 14, 2021 at 2:25 pm

Consider becoming an exhibitor at the Barrett-Jackson collector car auction event in Scottsdale, AZ, January 22-30, 2022. It is by far their largest event. Over 500,000 people have attended the four events they hold each year.

Roush has attended in the past, so it might be fruitful to touch base with them to explore partnering with them.

Where else would Aptera have exposure to over 100,000 people?

Barrett-Jackson provides expansive indoor & outdoor exhibitor areas at the Scottsdale event. They will likely continue to provide a small autocross track to support the ride or drive programs of participating manufacturers.

*Crazy Idea Alert* Become a consignee, offering to auction an early Aptera.(The 1st Paradigm+ perhaps?) That would expand Aptera’s exposure to millions of people, worldwide, via the live TV coverage on the Discovery Channel & Velocity, plus streaming on the web, live, or from the Barret-Jackson archives after the event closes. Aptera would be listed in the catalog provided to attendees and for lookup in the event’s docket.

Barrett-Jackson loves early release cars and it’s even juicier for them if the car is linked to a charity that receives the sale proceeds. All commissions are waived!

• Ryan Stice

August 14, 2021 at 6:13 pm

It highly depends on the goal. If general brand awareness and sales potential is the goal, the car itself is so eye catching, putting Apteras on display in high-foot traffic locations would grab a lot of attention. As an example, I recall a Polaris Slinghshot on display like this at the Sacramento Airport, at the base of the luggage claim escalator. It attracted a lot of attention with very high daily foot traffic. Picture an Aptera roped off with small sign with the name/specs, website (QR code) in a high traffic area at LAX, San Diego’s Airport, etc, or any market with a strong EV interest. Stadium parking lots, etc. would also work but are outside, only active on certain days, seem more problematic. You only need a ‘mocked up’ body, doesn’t have to be a fully functional unit.

• Leonard Nowak Nowak

August 15, 2021 at 7:19 pm

Aptera is a “ Gem “ in the rough of sEVs…

Here in AZ we have the “ Gem “ Show, which is the largest in the world. It is attended by a global audience

It is held throughout Tucson for two weeks.

Imagine Aptera Photobombing the event for two weeks?!

At the convention center, for their main event, they always raffle a special/ unique vehicle. Aptera is “Special and Unique!”!

The other largest outdoor event in a nearby state , NE of us “New Mexico” hosts the Ballon Fest

Always well attended , I could see the http://www.aptera.us banner on a hot air ballon!

I am retired… and believe in Aptera’s mission, let me know if I can help! I an told “Aptera keeps me busy/our of trouble😉”

Aptera

• Donald Kraper

August 16, 2021 at 7:53 am

Mecum Collector Car Auction, Kissimmee, Florida. Largest collector car aution in the world.

Exposure? I’d say so.

• peter greenberg

August 17, 2021 at 2:33 am

Solar Power International is the largest trade show for solar installers, developers…

Home

Who knows how many will attend in New Orleans, but typically 20,000 or so are there. I can’t think of better advertising for my solar biz than a wrap on my Aptera.

• Lander Stoddard

August 17, 2021 at 2:46 pm

Drive one cross country and park it here for a day. 40.75899340045081, -73.98515456673135

• Lander Stoddard

August 17, 2021 at 2:56 pm

And this would be a great place to park it for the first day of the trip! 34.101856554855296, -118.34097104910879

• Gary Johnston

August 19, 2021 at 2:31 pm

Once the Aptera starts delivery, every single delivery and drive will be an event.

• Joshua Rosen

August 19, 2021 at 3:16 pm

Do a coast to coast road trip, starting along the Northern edge of the country (fall is coming) ending up in Massachusetts, head along the East Coast up to Florida and then back across the Southern part of the country. If you’ve chosen Tesla as your charging plug then display it at Supercharger locations, if it’s CCS then do it at malls with Electrify America chargers. If you are at all close to a production vehicle then this should be possible and importantly it proves that you have a real car. Forget about shows unless they are part of a road trip, bringing the vehicle on a trailer proves and then doing a static display or even driving around a parking lot proves nothing.

• rich garlick

September 15, 2021 at 10:21 am

Advertise ? Why ? Tesla doesnt it need it.

Aptera is more desirable than a four-door EV sedan and five times greener than any current available EV. People will come to you. Build it and they will come. Definitely the North American international auto show late September when you have a vehicle for sale next year. Barrett-Jackson is a great idea as well. SEMA and CES get a lot of attention and media coverage if that is important to you. I think you were doing a great job already!

• Peter Jorgensen

September 15, 2021 at 11:30 am

I agree with this actually – Events are great if you’ve got extra time to burn and man-hours and Aptera’s to show off, but there are easier ways to generate publicity and demand you can’t keep up with.

I recommend lending an Aptera to various people or groups for online media coverage. For example:

Sandy Munro

Various higher-profile youtubers – There are a bunch in California that would love to try one for a few days.

Also Bjorn Nyland (in Norway)

Jay Leno

What about the Grand Tour? They might be interested in having one on there. Results are unpredictable at best considering the focus on comedy but having exposure there would generate an insane amount of attention. I bet James May would be super excited to review one on his own channel too. He’s been messing about with Teslas and the hydrogen Mirai lately.

It’s pretty easy to just lend a car to someone and let them do the work…

• Joshua Rosen

September 15, 2021 at 1:23 pm

Sandy Munro is consulting to Aptera, he’s not an independent reviewer. Bjorn is in Norway, that’s a non-starter because it’s not clear if or when it will be road legal in Europe, if he does an America trip then sure but with covid that’s unlikely. Out of Spec Motoring is an obvious choice especially if they can get Kyle to break the Cannonball record with the 1000 mile variant. He holds the last two EV Cannonball records, the first was with a Model 3 and the second was with a Taycan.

• Peter Jorgensen

September 15, 2021 at 2:19 pm

All true!

Even biased perspectives on Munro would get more publicity though.

I still think getting James May or the Grand Tour to film one would have the biggest impact. They like weird stuff like Aptera.

Viewing 1 - 25 of 29 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now