EV rebates in Canada

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions EV rebates in Canada

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions EV rebates in Canada

• EV rebates in Canada

Oz Man updated 3 weeks, 3 days ago 6 Members · 8 Posts
  • Trevor Fernandes

September 29, 2021 at 3:46 pm

Will I be qualify for EV incentives for an Aptera in Canada?

If yes, then what will be the rebate amount?

If not what can be done to ensure Canadian order holders qualify for government EV incentives?

• Joshua Rosen

September 29, 2021 at 5:16 pm

I suggest you Google EV Rebate for your Province. You’ll have to read their rules to see if three wheel vehicles qualify and if so how much they get.

• Randy J 20820

September 30, 2021 at 8:14 am

I did a bit of research earlier in the year. There’s not much incentive for us Canucks. I did invest in the company in the last two rounds and I will get a 5% discount.

• Trevor Fernandes

September 30, 2021 at 9:04 am

That’s not good. Is there something we could do ahead of time to start a conversation about 3 wheeled highly efficient vehicles being subsidized by the Canadian government?

Aptera Will be at a disadvantage when it comes to capturing Canadian market share. Tesla and other legacy automakers will have cars priced around the 25k mark pretty soon and Aptera will have a tough time going head to head with these giants.

I want Aptera to succeed and I’m an investor myself. I align myself with the company’s vision however we need Aptera to start mass production before other company’s. Agree?

• James Buchan

October 1, 2021 at 4:33 am

The federal governments program is called the “iZEV program”, it gives up to a maximum of $5000 in addition to any provincial incentives a government might offer.

https://tc.canada.ca/en/road-transportation/innovative-technologies/zero-emission-vehicles/list-eligible-vehicles-under-izev-program

Here in Nova Scotia, that would mean $5000 from the feds and $2000 provincially, so possibly up to $7000 off if it qualified.

That being said, the Aptera isn’t on the list yet of approved vehicles, nor has it even been approved for sale or certified for use in Canada by Transport Canada, so assuming both of those things will come in time when they actually have a vehicle to certify to CMVSS standards.

I emailed my provincial department of transport and they informed me that the only three wheeled vehicle currently allowed on road in Nova Scotia is the Can-Am Spyder.

Fingers crossed all of that will come in time with certification 😊

• Curtis Cibinel

October 1, 2021 at 11:11 pm

The CAA website has an interactive map of the provincial programs. The bigger question is if as a autocycle it will fall through the cracks of these incentives.

https://www.caa.ca/sustainability/electric-vehicles/government-incentives/

Obviously government incentives change and it will take Aptera time to get through their preorders so ideally anyone should budget with the assumption of $0 in incentives at the time they get the car.

• Randy J 20820

October 2, 2021 at 5:01 am

I can’t remember his name but one of the Aptera team is from Calgary. I’m hoping Aptera will do the work to get us some kind of Canadian incentive. It’s in their best interest.

• Oz Man

October 2, 2021 at 9:57 am

Nathan Armstrong, Chief Technical Officer.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now