Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Europe delivery

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Europe delivery

Tagged: ,

• Europe delivery

Walter Lossa updated 3 weeks, 2 days ago 8 Members · 11 Posts
  • Fredrik Sandberg

August 10, 2021 at 8:20 am

Hi!

I have a preorder but I live in Sweden. Any news about deliveries to Europe? Can I expect having the car next year?

• Gabe Kemeny

August 10, 2021 at 3:16 pm

Foreign deliveries are likely to be later than next year.

• Fredrik Sandberg

August 11, 2021 at 9:53 am

Probably. But have they even been allowed to sell the cars in Europe? Are they approved for Europe?

• Bojan Majdandzic

August 13, 2021 at 2:39 am

Well, the good thing is that Aptera still intends to deliver in Europe.

The second topic in FAQ is about delivering in Europe.

• Robert Klasson

August 18, 2021 at 4:09 am

I personally hope they don’t make any compromises in the aerodynamic design for the european market. Hopefully they can find another way, fitting it into one category or another. If there is no vehicle category where it fits in the EU regulations, I would like to believe this is a major oversight which should be corrected on the regulatory side, not circumvented by redesign.

• Walter Lossa

August 18, 2021 at 5:06 am

Say goodbye to the idea that Europe will see a 3 wheel Aptera, only as a 4 wheel Aptera.

• Fanfare 100

August 18, 2021 at 12:57 pm

Hej Fred. Aptera said it would deliver anywhere. If you’re in Sweden that likely means an extra month logistically. It would also need to be a narrower Aptera variant for European specs. Aerodynamics would likely not suffer much but it may come at the expense of a little bit of stability, though some of that may also be mitigatable. Let’s see what the engineers come up with. My thoughts are that if your reservation number is anywhere beyond 17000 you’re likely to see your vehicle some time in 2023 if you’re in Europe.

• TitusVR

August 18, 2021 at 1:54 pm

I did not feel so excited about a product since I first encountered these unaffordable white Apple Computers through a shop window in the early 90s. Really hope I can own an Aptera in maybe 2023. Living in Hamburg (North Germany) compared to the average European city car it seems to be a fair amount too wide and obviously 50 cm longer than my current elderly Peugeot 206cc. But width (and maybe shade) are my main concerns, especially when you got to drive through roadworks with sometimes very narrow highway lanes. So I hope for a somewhat narrower version. Having no garage or direct power access, rare charging, and outdoor parking can be an advantage for my usecase.

• Walter Lossa

August 19, 2021 at 5:56 am

You can own it, but you can’t register it. I’m sure there’s still some room in the Hamburg Car Museum 😭

• John Malcom

August 20, 2021 at 5:43 pm

For all European enthusiasts. You can check Chris Anthony’s last Q&A, the one on Investment held on the 19th. He spoke briefly about a European Aptera. Essentially, they have people working on the best conceptual approach to meet volume Aptera deliveries to Europe. However, there are small number exceptions for cars not meeting the European standards. So perhaps some Apteras can slip through, but this is not in any plan. Engineering is now complete for the U.S. Beta version of the Aptera and they are starting the build activity for the Betas.

My opinion only, but with the effort focused on advancing the U.S. prototypes with the goal of end of year production ready, it will be the number one priority for both the development and fledgling production teams.

There is no published target/schedule for other than U.S. production. Around 10,000 give or take a few reservations will be filled first. The order of producing Apteras for delivery are in Chris Anthony’s Q&A from the webinar on the 19th in the forum.

I am sure all of the above is subject to change as a lot of external factors outside of Aptera’s control are in play.

I have faith and trust in the management and engineering team that they will keep their eye on the ball and work diligently and as fast as possible to insure that everyone who wants an Aptera will get one as soon as possible regardless of where they reside.

• Walter Lossa

August 24, 2021 at 3:00 pm
Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now