Electric "Hydrofoil Surf"

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Electric "Hydrofoil Surf"

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Electric "Hydrofoil Surf"

• Electric "Hydrofoil Surf"

Ronster updated 4 days, 6 hours ago 8 Members · 32 Posts
  • Ronster

November 20, 2021 at 6:05 pm

Electric “Hydrofoil Surf” Heaven in Hawaii.

Cool tech with a full hour of surfing per charge. New battery tech will take this to a whole new level in no time.

BTW, they are crazy priced at the moment too.

• Ronster

November 20, 2021 at 6:12 pm

The Flying Surfboard:

• Llewellyn Evans

November 21, 2021 at 1:05 am

Looks like the one in the first video is not electric. Must be awesome fun.

• Ronster

November 21, 2021 at 1:13 am

Looks like I may have error’d on the first vid; although essentially based on the same general concept. I could have looked a little bit closer than I did. Similar experience although the first vid probably should have been the following; for greater accuracy & consistency:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M1lz_hqW-0g

• Elzo Stubbe

November 21, 2021 at 5:18 am

How does this subject relate to Aptera?

• Ronster

November 21, 2021 at 7:40 am

This part of the forum isn’t exclusive to, my friend. It’s EV tech &/or solar related. Are you bothered by it? Oh well. Carry on Stubbie. There are a bunch of “other” EV posts. Maybe learn something? Read the subject with option to skip. ENJOY! LOL.

BTW, Stubbie, you held a conversation that included/referenced electric bikes moments ago too, so, I really don’t get your inconsistency, issue & ‘tude; dude.

Electrification is coming, & in general‼️

• James Pike

November 21, 2021 at 3:08 pm

I’ve had an a Waydoo electric hydrofoil board since Fall of 2020. It was less than half the price of the others available. Great fun and over an hour of foiling time on a charge.

https://waydootech.com/pages/flyer-one-series

• Llewellyn Evans

November 21, 2021 at 11:40 pm

Ron, I Love the efficiency of these things. I 12 ft built a hydroil from timber about 20 years ago. Heaps of fun.

• Ronster

November 27, 2021 at 7:42 pm

BE AWARE, Big Brother is in the air‼️

UNBELIEVABLE. Heads up folks!

Now my opinion is permanently set!

• my_discord_number_is_0328 bloody stupid

November 27, 2021 at 8:41 pm

haha what happened on here of all places, sounds like a tumblr, twitter, tik tok, insta gram thing. the shitpost is strong with this one

• Ronster

November 27, 2021 at 8:55 pm

I’m utterly disgusted. I won’t lie.

Kindergarten Cop. It’s a bit much. He wasn’t even part of “this thread” either. Chose to do “his thing”.

Is what it is! Says what it does.

P.S. I’m far from perfect; yet perfect from a far. (Especially after a few bevies at last call and in dim lighting.) 😜

Good Night.

• John Malcom

November 27, 2021 at 9:14 pm

No kidding. Turning into a regular Donny brook (SP?). Who would have thought?????

• Ronster

November 27, 2021 at 9:53 pm

This ain’t no donnybrook. Don’t flatter yourself. LOL

• John Malcom

November 27, 2021 at 9:09 pm

Ronster, My problem this time is your mocking a forum member from a euro country for asking a question you could have responded to simply and politely. No need for demeaning comments. In my opinion you do this fairly consistently. Engineers seem to be you main target. How about following the guidelines with regard to respect for everyone and keep posts to facts.

He did the classy thing and did not respond back and none of his posts are other than polite as I would expect from people from his country.

Oh, the “Final call” comment may explain this. Happens to me too

• Ronster

November 27, 2021 at 9:30 pm

Who brought you in to the rescue with your super hero cape? Who made you Sheriff?

What did I say that was so bad? Have you ever read your own posts & tone?

Stop feeling sorry for yourself regarding your perceived oppression. I don’t have issues with engineers at all. My brother-in-law is one. I DO, however, have a serious problem with know it all people who also need to control the communication and narrative of others “EVEN WHEN” they aren’t in the thread.

Class? What do you know about class? May I suggest, “nothing”? More of your judgemental, narcissistic superiority on display.

You aren’t here to “control” anything. You take yourself way too seriously!

Shake your head and look in the mirror critically instead of self admiration.

You volunteered your judgemental all on your own, commented (& specifically so); yet none of this was solicited nor involved you. You then report. Report what?

You apologized for me, perhaps apologize for yourself.

You just don’t get it. Who (or what) do you think you are? Your arrogance apparently has no limit.

GOOD ON YOU. Now Wear it!

BTW, did you even notice you said “my problem this time”. Maybe, just maybe the problem is you?!

• John Malcom

November 28, 2021 at 3:47 am

A classic Ronster post for sure😉

• Ronster

November 28, 2021 at 9:12 am

If you say so, it MUST be true. 😉…

You’re the expert on ALL things, Just ask yourself, you’ll confirm it.

Have yourself another superior, super hero (Keystone/Kindergarten Cop) day!

• Ronster

November 29, 2021 at 9:07 pm

Elon responds with his trademark sarcasm; when you’re the wealthiest man in the world, you can do that. ROFL.

Now “that” is “classic”, hypothetically speaking of course. 😂

• Ronster

December 1, 2021 at 7:44 pm

ROFL. Just now did I catch the image typo. DUH. Bad eyes ravaged by time.

Oops! Was to read “boasts”.

November 28, 2021 at 10:21 am

i think u guys are assuming emotional tone from text based on experience of words associated with negative emotion, but if youve dealt with a diversity of people with text and in person youll probably realize lot of people dont conform to social norms down to as much detail.

for ex, some people look angry often but when u talk to them more youll realize that their just often busy in the mind (the “thinking intensely” face). another example is being excited thus being aggressive in a debate, some see this aggression as expression of distrust or declaration of war but often hes just very enthusiastic about the topic. also autistic people exist.

i just ignore all emotion unless it very clear, people use emojis etc but b/c sarcasm and diversity i demand explicit talk if they want me to know their emotions for clear communication. people also like not having to restrict theirselves around me, they know they can tell me stuff without being hated. showing clear positive emotion helps, no emotion at all arguably better b/c some people interpret positive emotion toward a “serious topic” as offensive b/c they assume you dont take it seriously even though your just staying positive about it, for ex. somone was joking about a shooting to prove a point and he was voted out the forum…

• John Malcom

November 28, 2021 at 11:19 am

Good observation and good advice. I will try to work on it. Constrain posts to facts only and focus on the positive aspects of the Aptera.

It is good to have a more objective third party observe and advise👍

Thanks

• Ronster

November 28, 2021 at 12:44 pm

Minding your own business and not playing Kindergarten (or Keystone) Cop would also go a long way. Apologize for yourself and don’t worry so much about others. Secondly, your facts aren’t necessarily facts. Remember that as well. You don’t control the narrative nor the free expression of others.

• John Malcom

December 1, 2021 at 8:16 pm

Ronster you are right. I don’t control the narrative on the forum nor the free expression of others. The reciprocal is also true. Neither do you. So as long as we don’t violate the forum guidelines we are free to post our opinions. That includes me. I will continue to do so. I have a few followers so some are interested in my views.

If you feel my facts aren’t facts you are free to dispute them with reference a to what you think is right not just your opinion.

• Ronster

December 1, 2021 at 8:43 pm

I do, have & will continue to express myself with links, video &/or relevant support as necessary; don’t need your permission to do so either. Even your post seems to have you setting the terms. It’s just not your place to do so yet you continue to assume an authorative. Are you able to also mind your own business? Y/N?

Good for you regarding a couple of “followers” you have ROFL (doesn’t mean what you say is right by default) who may or may not be as critical of your assertions as fact. You have a way of presenting things as being matter of fact (don’t challenge me ‘tude) when it’s not always the case. There still are some outstanding questions I’ve presented regarding your so called “factuals” looking for corroboration, to no avail. and I don’t hold my breath as when challenged on fact, you shut down and sulk with a “how dare you”? Do you know who I am?” attitude.

In the words of Shania Twain, “That don’t impress me much”. Seriously! ROFL

My issue also goes directly towards you sticking your nose in things ie. playing Kindergarten (Keystone) Cop on what was “nothing” yet still choosing to do so anyway based on your “own agenda” or perceived status of superiority or whatever that was. Minding one’s own business is something you COULD consider as not doing so (& doing what you have) speaks contrary to what you now say. BTW, I stumbled across your unsolicited “report” messages on your timeline. You hid and did what you did on your own accord. What did your “tattle tale”, “super hero” & “saviour” thing do for you? You weren’t asked to get involved and yet you got involved in what was nothing; and as I repeat, it had absolutely nothing to do with you, regardless. You weren’t even in that thread. BTW, nothing came of it did it? Because it was a nothing and you were way out of line. If that’s not controlling, what is? Excess ego and supreme self-importance? Weasel-ish is one word that could possibly apply?!

What you say now “sounds good” on the surface but it’s also very hypocritical and doesn’t play out truthfully, in reality. A pattern?

Finally, and I quote “Ronster, My problem ‘this’ time…”

Who cares? Maybe the problem is you based on your own wording. Who put you in charge? You aren’t. Shake your head. It’s “your problem” this time & every time. Wear it!

Your problem is not “my” problem. Other people are not your concern either. Apologize for yourself and don’t be so pompous apologizing for others.

BTW, I assume a “block button” is there & available for you to use too, if you think you can’t control yourself; ie. remain unapologetically “obsessed” & unable to mind your own business.

• John Malcom

December 1, 2021 at 8:54 pm

Thanks for expressing your opinion. As you know mine differs from yours😁

• Ronster

December 1, 2021 at 9:00 pm

I know it does. And your idea of reporting would include this. Your comments are no worse (maybe in fact IS worse given your tattle tale report had nothing to do with you). Rude ‘tude dude? See attached for clarity.

You feel you were right to stick your nose out and into things before? Apology isn’t forthcoming I can presume. Where did your report go and what did it result in? It was petty bullsh*t and you going out of your way to be a weasel behind my back on something that also had nothing to do with you and was in fact, “nothing”. ❄️

You aren’t the forum police, nor in control. You don’t make the rules enforcer of the rules nor control content or discussion, comrade.

You take your own self, existence way too seriously. You aren’t the end all supreme authority of ALL things. You are not the moral authority or censor of thought and expression either.

• John Malcom

December 1, 2021 at 11:41 pm

Agreed and neither are you. So lets stop butting heads personally and keep are comments on the merits of Aptera in a respectful way

• Ronster

December 2, 2021 at 12:28 am

Apology forthcoming, or is it not within your repertoire?

If not, so-be-it. Carry on. No promises.

If you feel you are right to stick your nose into other people’s business, you aren’t. That shouldn’t be hard to understand.

Apologize for “yourself”, not others. Seriously, who do you think you are?

I’m more than willing to make peace BUT I see no real indication from you that will be the case or that you even get half the issue.

• Ray Holan

November 28, 2021 at 9:50 am

Back to your original post, Ron. I enjoyed it. Made me think that Aptera should consider an off-shore option to go with the off-road option. Funky pontoons you could drive your Aptera onto with paddlewheels being clamped onto and turned by the two front wheels? Just a goofball idea. Not to be taken seriously, but entertaining to imagine.

November 28, 2021 at 12:34 pm

supposedly, aptera floats on water

• Ronster

November 28, 2021 at 12:40 pm

Good things come from “what if” & as such, provides inspiration often leading to further innovation through creative (& adaptive) thought.

Dreaming often is a preview of a future reality; besides, it’s also fun to do thinking “what if”? What sounds stupid once often becomes visionary later, too.

Is innovation, the art of hiding your source of inspiration. Think about that as it’s essentially, at its core, TRUE.

BTW, The way they build the shell (composites) of the 1,600km (1,000mi) Solar EV (a.k.a. Aptera) is very much highend boat tech (adapted).

Viewing 1 - 12 of 12 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now