Eek! I’m seeing noise about deliveries starting end of 2022

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Eek! I’m seeing noise about deliveries starting end of 2022

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Eek! I’m seeing noise about deliveries starting end of 2022

• Eek! I’m seeing noise about deliveries starting end of 2022

Peter Jorgensen updated 4 weeks ago 14 Members · 15 Posts
  • GLEN KIRK

November 5, 2021 at 2:31 pm

I really don’t know if some of those conjectures are accurate, but a couple of sources are predicting that real deliveries won’t start till late 2022.

My reservation is still indicates 2022 delivery, ( 600 mile range, trimotor so not the first off the line) but they seem to be somewhat behind on their rather optimistic schedule ( which I assumed would happen). 3 or 4 months delayed I would expect, but a year makes me sad. Someone please whisper a sweet lullaby to me and tell me that the scary story is just made up.

• BRUCE MENGLER

November 5, 2021 at 3:09 pm

Predicting the future is hard when there are so many unknowns.
    I suspect that neither Chris A nor Steve F. could NOT accurately tell you TODAY
    the month the first 50 Paradigm models (including mine) will roll out of the new assembly building.
    They have a vested interest to deliver Aptera’s sooner rather than later.
    Folks just need to chill & be patient.

On a different note, I bet you that the picture of the new assembly building was PhotoShopped to include the “APTERA” sign & logo. They could NOT have gotten legal approval for the signage, got the sign made & mounted in the few short weeks since the lease was signed.

• Oz Man

November 5, 2021 at 4:27 pm

Bruce, I’d say that is a pretty safe bet, especially considering that screen grab came from a video released prior to them closing the deal.

• STUART BRUINS

November 5, 2021 at 11:04 pm

Sarah mentioned the photoshop in a recent video.

• Pistonboy Delux

November 6, 2021 at 7:26 pm

Have you noticed the Aptera symbol on the front doors?

• Llewellyn Evans

November 6, 2021 at 3:38 am

This might help๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Best Violin Music Ever – YouTube

• Ray Holan

November 6, 2021 at 7:01 am

Hi, Glen. To me, the production schedule dates that have appeared in cyberspace is a perfect example of you can’t believe everything you read on the internet. The company has not made any definite announcement. I think this is a case of our distaste for waiting pushing us into wanting a definite delivery date bad enough to believe our own guesswork;;)

• Joshua Rosen

November 6, 2021 at 7:19 am

“Prediction is very difficult, especially if itโ€™s about the future!โ€

Who really said this? If you look it up on the Internet you’ll see it attributed to Niels Bohr as well as Yogi Berra. It sounds like a Yogi Berraism which would explain why people think it was him, but I’m betting it was really Bohr.

• kerbe2705

November 6, 2021 at 11:45 am

I’m not going to worry until they miss their 2024 delivery prediction… ๐Ÿ˜

• Christine Maslak

November 6, 2021 at 4:01 pm

As Yogi Berra said:” The future ain’t what it used to be.”

• Ronster

November 6, 2021 at 4:18 pm
  • Hans Roes

November 7, 2021 at 6:56 am

This really isn’t surprising and to me follows in line with my expectations. We are now November and we only just have had the last alpha prototype. Now they go on to the beta prototypes. This work will take a few months. After that they still need time to setup and validate production. At best I believe we can see the first customer bound cars somewhere next summer and it will take months to ramp up production. I don’t think they’ll hit 1000 deliveries in 2022 nor 10 000 in 2023.

While the site also says 2022 for me ( and I’m at the back of the queue, 12k in front of me and I’m in Europe), I am pretty certain that if they go by reservation number only, mine won’t arrive till 2024.

• GLEN KIRK

November 7, 2021 at 10:19 am

All of the preceding comments are true, but some of us are on a timeline. I’m going to need to replace the ice vehicles soon, and I swore that I’m never buying a new ice vehicle. Definitely need to replace the pickup, which really has nothing to do with the aptera. If I can get an f150 lightening in 22 ( I’m assuming that is less likely than getting the aptera in the same time frame) then I can maybe wait longer on the aptera, but I’m not sure I have the patience to not get an ev after waiting 3 years. My motto is ” The problem with instant gratification is it’s too slow”

But ignore my need to rant/vent

• Curtis Cibinel

November 7, 2021 at 10:41 am

<font face=”inherit”>Buying a ~10-12 year old car with the intention of keeping it for 2 years is the cheapest bridge approach if you need something. You can likely resell it for within $1-2k of what you pay after a few years. </font>Obviously<font face=”inherit”> an EV is far greener but unless a used leaf can work for you their really is no economical used options for short term cars.</font>

Personally if my car got written off today I’d probably be able to get by without for a few years. Mainly work from home and can bike/lime/cab as needed (me and my wife each have ICE cars). I drive an old pontiac (actually toyota) vibe with 230k km from 03 and my wife’s car is a ford focus from 2013 with 1/3rd the mileage and way more issues (never buy a ford car).

• Peter Jorgensen

November 7, 2021 at 2:50 pm

I got antsy too and I ended up leasing a Kia Niro EV. The lease is half of what I paid in gas every month before… Highly recommend. Or just buy it with the intention of selling, It works out to about the same either way. Take advantage of dealer and nationwide specials.

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now