Aptera in 1 word & Top 3 Reasons You Are Excited To Own

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera in 1 word & Top 3 Reasons You Are Excited To Own

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera in 1 word & Top 3 Reasons You Are Excited To Own

• Aptera in 1 word & Top 3 Reasons You Are Excited To Own

• Raj Giandeep

November 10, 2021 at 4:44 am

Describe Aptera in 1 word: efficiency

1 – Own a vehicle that can be charged by the sun

2 – To support a company that’s passionate about building the most efficient solar electric car on earth.

3 – To have confidence to take long road trips in an EV without range anxiety.

• Ray Holan

November 10, 2021 at 4:58 am

Distinctive

1 — Lowest carbon footprint vehicle that fully encloses driver and passenger

2 — Zen-like purity of design: only what I need and nothing I don’t

3 — Support a small U.S.A. manufacturer

• Riley -_-

November 10, 2021 at 4:59 am

Unique

1.A car I can repair myself.

2.A car that won’t rust or be easily dented.

3.A car which is the embodiment of efficiency.

• Lou Verner

November 10, 2021 at 6:42 am

Game-changer

1. Ditto Ray’s #

2. Disruptive paradigm shift in vehicle design/manufacturing/maintenance

3. Affordable exhilaration

• Peter Jorgensen

November 10, 2021 at 7:14 am

Range.

It’s beautiful.

It’s efficient.

It’s an engineers dream.

• Joshua Rosen

November 10, 2021 at 7:38 am

1 Range

2 Range

3 Range

The game changer is range > 500 miles at a reasonable price. Efficiency is the means of achieving long range with a relatively small battery which translates into an affordable price. The Lucid Air has the range but the idea of spending $140K on a depreciating asset like a car is stomach churning. The secondary benefits of high efficiency don’t matter to me, the energy cost of my Model 3 is cheap enough, about 6 cents/mile. It’s nice that the Aptera might only be around 2.5 cents/mile but it won’t make any practical difference. The same thing for the carbon footprint, the Model 3 is equivalent to a 130 MPG car where I live, that’s clean enough.

As for solar, as I’ve said many times in this forum, it’s a gimmick. Solar will have zero benefit to me and if I could order the car with no solar panels I would. In the summer my driveway is shaded by my house and by a large oak tree, if I could get 3 miles a day I’d be doing well. In the winter I use a car cover to keep the snow off so zero miles in winter.

One thing to note, if deliveries don’t happen until middle 2023 will range matter anymore?. Tesla is talking about tripling the Supercharger network in the next two years, if that means building bigger Superchargers in California then it won’t matter to me but if it means filling in the holes in their network where I live then it could change everything. I don’t mind stopping at Superchargers every few hours, we need to stop anyway, it’s where we stop that matters. To travel now requires planning, you have to build your route around Supercharger locations. What you can’t do is just hop in the car and go anywhere without thinking about it as you can with a gas car. There are several ways to solve this, have enough range so that you don’t have to charge at all on the road, the 600 mile Aptera accomplishes this, have enough chargers so that you are never far from one, that will happen but the question is when, and finally a few more Superchargers with maybe 400 miles of EPA range (my guess is that by 2023 the Model 3 with 4680s will hit that mark). If deliveries slip far enough out then they will need to have something else that’s appealing, they have the looks, but they will also need superb handling so that the car can become a modern day MGB.

• V pilot

November 10, 2021 at 7:45 am

COOL!

1 – range

2 – cost

3 – simplicity

• Roshiyu

November 10, 2021 at 10:10 am

I’ll be the first to say it.

Sexy

1. It’s efficiency.

2. It’s unique look.

3. Upgrade from walking to work in the Sask. winter. 😛

4. (Right to repair movement, though I push more into small consumer electronics on that front)

• Curtis Cibinel

November 10, 2021 at 11:25 am

Sporty

1. It’s Fast

2. It’s efficient – 120V viable EV

3. It’s cheap (compared to other EVs especially with similar performance specs)

• Paul Rowe

November 10, 2021 at 2:49 pm

Unique

1 – Little to no maintenance

2 – Little to no fuel needs (occasional plug in at home for my needs)

3 – Eager to answer all the questions I’ll get and show off the car!

• Jared Fiacco

November 10, 2021 at 5:56 pm

Aptera in one word: Spaceship 🚀✨

Top 3 reasons I’m excited about the Aptera:

1. The visual appeal of the vehicle – such a sexy look. can’t wait to zoom around in my electric spaceship.

2. It’s groundbreaking – there’s nothing like it, especially in this price range. I’d assume there’d be a market if it was sold starting at 70k, but starting at 25k? AND for a 2.5k more you can go 0-60 in under 3.5 seconds? Insane!

3. Support the great work in the company – it’s so unlike any other vehicle. They have one single mission, efficiency, and they freaking nailed it!

All this is why l’ve watched every video and read every article on the internet about the vehicle. It’s gonna be epic!

My pick is definitely the Noir. It just looks like the batmobile! Shirt size is XL

• Neil Mazer

November 10, 2021 at 6:35 pm

‘3 reasons: 1. Saves the planet. 2. Uses solar as well as plugging in. 3. Long range’
    <div>
    </div><div>One Word “Sexy”</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>

• Gordon NIESSEN Niessen

November 11, 2021 at 7:40 am

The Aptera: Futuristic.

1 – Efficiency

2 – The Style, very futuristic.

3 – Support for the Right to Repair. We need more companies to do this to end the disposable habit.

• Michael Rennick

November 11, 2021 at 7:55 am

The Aptera: The Future

1 – responsibility – lower footprint, adaptable and repairable vehicles

2 – accessible – bringing electrified vehicles to underrepresented groups

3 – inspirational – it looks like it came from 50 years in the future

• Adolfo de la Garza

November 11, 2021 at 8:17 am

Aptera in one word: Extraordinary

3 reasons I’m excited about Aptera:

1 – Super efficient mobility

2 – Driving around in such a piece of art

3 – Never charge Electric Vehicle? yes please!

Adolfo de la Garza III on Youtube

I remember watching the original Aptera in development all those years ago. Someone posted a short video of approaching the 2e at night and plugging a power cord into it and the receptacle lit up. It just filled my head with such possibilities. I’ve wanted one ever since.

I live in a small city with rough roads. All year, I’ve been looking at the roads of my town, plotting how I’m going to navigate around all the bumps and dips. I can’t Wait!

• George Hughes

November 11, 2021 at 9:47 am

One word: Slick … You know as in highly aerodynamic

Reasons:

1. It is so energy efficient that if your commute from point A to point B and back is ‘average;’ you can literally do so using free energy from the sun for years. (You will eventually have to replace worn tires and other routine maintenance.)

2. Aperta is the ‘wind.’ As the ultimate expression of personal transportation, Aptera’s practical styling says if you design for efficiency, this is what a properly engineered vehicle looks like. This suggests any other look is wasteful and infused with vanity, vanity, vanity and chasing after the wind … and they’ll be chasing.

3. It is more than the object given humanity is the objective. From the hand-assembly to its shunning of traditional automakers (an error they didn’t avoid a decade ago) to its focus on efficiency, all combine to make a statement about survival through sustainability. This involves more than object (the car), but the attitude and approach to making Aptera. BTW: I’m one who supports expanding on the three-wheel approach because four wheels is ‘a priori’ wasteful.

• Paul Schultz

November 11, 2021 at 6:11 pm

The Aptera: Revolutionary

1. Solar charging

2. Hub motors

3. Super efficiency!

• G Johns

November 12, 2021 at 9:59 am

1) First electric vehicle that I feel like paying for. (Almost bought an iMiEV but to costly and range is terrible) Tesla’s are still to expensive to me.

2) Efficiency

3) Stop using gasoline for travel.

• Fanfare 100

November 13, 2021 at 9:00 pm

2 words: Surya Namascar

• Elzo Stubbe

November 20, 2021 at 11:23 am

just curious: what language is this?

• my_discord_number_is_0328 bloody stupid

November 13, 2021 at 9:11 pm

areo 3 wheel hemp chassis, the aftermarket aesthetics and mods potential, right to repair.

• Llewellyn Evans

November 14, 2021 at 12:59 am

Aptera in one word : Revolution

1. Drive without damaging the planet.

2. Sexy

3. Affordable

• Jeffrey Davis

November 14, 2021 at 8:15 am

Describe Aptera in 1 word: gateway

1. No more paying for gas (and rarely if ever for electricity to charge)

2. Low maintenance

3. The design is very unique and I’ll be proud to not be driving a box anymore.

Bonus reason: The design and functionality of Aptera represents my goals and passions of a better future for our species. With my career goal of becoming an astrophysicist, even the name itself, Luna, is perfect!

(My username is Shinyyveltal on Youtube)

• Davis Edwards

November 14, 2021 at 12:23 pm

Raj,

Thanks for putting this together!

1. I’m excited about the people behind Aptera revolutionizing the design approach for maximum efficiency. 2. I’m looking forward to an affordable initial price, and lower cost of ownership compared to other EVs because of the autocycle classification and push for the right to repair. 3. I want to help Aptera succeed and driving an awesome and unique-looking car certainly helps.
    Aptera = Authentic

I’ve really appreciated being able to learn so much about this company and how well Chris and Steve are able to explain the design philosophy. I feel like while others are focused on hype and flashy renderings, Aptera has been putting in the work and is letting the results speak for themselves.

• Byron Dieckman

November 14, 2021 at 1:10 pm

Inspiring

1. An innovative proactive efficiency pacesetter

2. Fetching non-traditional design

3. Should satisfy my need for “nap of the earth”flight

• Raj Giandeep

November 19, 2021 at 7:51 pm

Word cloud, generated by the Aptera community. I do agree it’s a sexy vehicle

• David Marlow

November 20, 2021 at 6:52 am

Unmistakable

1 – the shape

2 – the most bang for the buck

3 – no other company can achieve even half the things mentioned here in one vehicle.

Viewing 1 - 25 of 37 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now