Delivery availability

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Delivery availability

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Delivery availability

• Delivery availability

• ELISABETH SMART

September 24, 2021 at 6:28 pm

Will potential clients who live in Fairbanks, Alaska have the option to have their vehicle shipped after purchase either to Anchorage or Fairbanks?

• Leonard Nowak

September 24, 2021 at 6:46 pm

info@aptera.us might be the best contact for you on this…I don’t think delivery is worked out yet

They said they will supply “ wherever allowed “

• Ken Bolinsky

September 24, 2021 at 9:12 pm

Aptera is planning to sell their vehicles around the world – I doubt that they’ll balk at providing one to a customer on the same continent and coast as their factory. 🙂

Chillax and don’t worry – delivery isn’t going to begin until after the start of production, and that’s still some time in the future.

• Peter Jorgensen

September 25, 2021 at 7:42 am

You should be fine. It might cost a little more to have it shipped. We don’t know yet. Probably a discount to go pick it up. If they can ship them to Europe and New Zealand you can definitely get one in AK.

• Joshua Rosen

September 25, 2021 at 8:02 am

Picking one up in the lower 48 and trying to drive it to Alaska would be a real challenge. The only charging that’s available is at RV parks. The 1000 mile variant would be appropriate here. Just found a WSJ article about driving a Bolt to AL from VT. The biggest charger gap is 800 miles, the 1000 mile Aptera would be the first car in the world that could handle that.

• Fanfare 100

September 26, 2021 at 7:35 pm

I think you will be pleased that new chargers have been added to the list between VT and AL. Many more. And, like you said, there are always those camping grounds. But don;t forget there are many Truck Stops that allow trucks & campers to plug in too along the way. A friend of mine drove between Colorado and New Jersey and they mainly stayed at Truck Stops after dark. Many of these will charge $15 to plug in overnight as you sleep. And these Truck Stops have showers and places to eat and convenience stores too and can be found on many major cross-country highways. “Pilot” was the name of one of the chains. To see so many of the new chargers which have bloomed around the country take a peek here. I already used it to plan trip, also from the Northeast to Alabama: https://abetterrouteplanner.com/ Enjoy!!

• ELISABETH SMART

September 25, 2021 at 9:45 am

That makes sense as they are selling them worldwide.

As for driving up from the lower 48 that would be rough. I have done it once in an RV in 2000 and recently in a 2004 BMW Z4, camping up the way both times. That’s a lot of wear and tear and definitely lack of plug-ins, especially if you drive up the Cassier Highway. Driving it up from Anchorage makes more sense…that’s only 400 miles, but the Parks Highway is a hot mess. From what I understand, the vehicle will have a higher clearance, necessary to navigate all the frost heaves.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now