Aptera stock, shareholder and investor info

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera stock, shareholder and investor info

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera stock, shareholder and investor info

• Aptera stock, shareholder and investor info

Biker updated 1 year, 3 months ago 55 Members · 93 Replies
  • fenicio

August 16, 2021 at 7:55 am

Hi there.

I’m a retail shareholder as the most part of the forum.

It’s too important to push to the Board to be public ASAP because as you can see on this news, the EV market is envolved in a financial bubble that we can use to finance the short and long term of Aptera.

Lucid Motors strikes SPAC deal to go public with $24 billion valuation | TechCrunch

We are not profitable right now, so we need to use this bubble to save our company and reduce CO2 emission to the earth. Chris said on january that we will go public in 2 years. It might be too late for us.

If we go public and the bubble is not there, Aptera likely will go to bankrupt.

The whole company should stay together focused in go public ASAP.

This thread is created to add your support here and make pressure to go public.

I would like to see here the marketing team giving info and updates about the deadlines to go public.

Any news about the new CFO?

• peter-jorgensen

August 16, 2021 at 9:11 am

Hi there,

These guys and gals running the company have a lot of experience starting multiple successfully companies and know a lot more about this than you and I. Being public is not necessarily a good thing.

• john-malcom

August 16, 2021 at 9:31 am

I think you will find that the voting majority of shares are in the hands of company management and founders so that Aptera can follow their strategy/business plan. What you propose is not possible or needed. You would know this if you had done your research before making this post. I would encourage you to research the background on Aptera1 (The original company) and the current Aptera to give you a balanced perspective on which to base your assessments.

Aptera Management and Engineering have done an excellent job in managing both the business and technology of the company without the necessity of oversight from outside financial interests. The involvement of outside financial interests was a significant reason for the failure of the First Aptera company, and of course should be avoided now especially as Aptera approaches the production milestone.

I STRONGLY OPPOSE any effort to force/encourage Aptera to deviate from their current business plan by any group internal or external! They have a well qualified CFO who has experience in going public and I trust in her judgement/plan for the company along with other senior, experienced management.

This is not the time for a “Sky is falling” investor who doesn’t have insight into Aptera strategy or their business plan to raise alarm in a public forum.

The current team should retain complete control so their successful strategy and obvious performance based on their experience and expertise can bring Aptera to successful production and market penetration generating revenue.

You yourself felt that way or you would not have invested initially????

• fenicio

August 16, 2021 at 11:55 pm

Yes. I did my research before my post.

They went to bankrupt because the US goverment didn’t give Aptera de the public money that Aptera needed to improve their tech.

Have you read your message before post it John? Do you know that Aptera needs external financial because they are not profitable right now and they burn cash every month? How do you expect to finance the research if the company has to pay workers? Do you think that the money falls from the sky as rain? They made the Reg-A because of this, Aptera needs money to finance the research.

I’m not forcing to the board to deviate from their original plan. I’m just saying that they sould accelerate it to finance the company and their tech.

So you prefer that they go public in an undervaluated market and they can’t reach their original plan. Don’t you?

It’s better for the investors and specially, for the future the company to go public in an overvaluated market to receive more money than if the market is undervaluated. We both will raise more money and Aptera will create more models, factorys, hire more workers…

I trust both Co-CEOs and they seem good people that love the efficency. Furthermore, their interest are aligned with ours. They have all my support.

• paul-evans

August 16, 2021 at 2:09 pm

I wholeheartedly agree with Peter, John & Adrian. I, for one, trust our Aptera founders. Their original plan got derailed by doing just what you propose. I got badly hurt when the tech startup bubble popped but I learned some important lessons. Leadership, confidence, competence, a well thought-out vision and plan, steadfastness, plus a passion for efficiency are a rare combination that gives me confidence they’re on a steady glide path to deliver a phenomenal product.

• henry-kitt

August 16, 2021 at 3:17 pm

I haven’t talked to a single person who had already heard of Aptera before I mentioned it. With Lucid Motors they’ve already spent a lot of money on advertising their inferior product, more people know about it because of that.

If Aptera goes public in 2023, the media coverage will be strong because a production vehicle will have been turning heads for over a year at that point, so it should IPO at over $5 billion valuation and not get overlooked by people who don’t know a thing about the company. Investors get excited when a company that’s a household name is about to go public, after the hype is already built. If you go public first and then build the hype that’s psychologically more boring to investors and the market cap would have to start out lower to garner interest.

• camille-mosley-pasley

August 16, 2021 at 3:44 pm

I wouldn’t invest in, nor buy the product of a company that made decisions based on fear, speculation and social media posts. Listening to investors is important, but fearmongering as a business plan spells disaster.

• fenicio

September 17, 2021 at 9:08 am

Does anyone know how much money have Aptera raised with the last financing round?

• henry-kitt

September 17, 2021 at 1:21 pm

Aptera raised $20 million in the previous funding round, which was $10 million more than their goal. This round hasn’t finished but they intend to raise $30 million. Given that they raised $20 million in only one week last time, mostly through individual investors, they are very likely close to ending this round as well, having met their goal again.

• wilson-tsai

November 24, 2021 at 8:12 am

Curious which round investors came in at?

Bought in Aptera’s last round.
    Doubled down again on this current round.

I absolutely love what the company is doing and what they stand for.
    Solid co-founders and management team.

Been following Tesla, Rivian, Sonos, Lucid and it would be great to see Aptera’s public debut (SPAC/IPO) be as successful.

I did a thought experiment for the worst case scenarios to keep expectations in check though:
    They take way longer to go into production resulting in a delayed IPO/SPAC.
    Severe market downturn or cooling off of EV mania, resulting in only a $1b-$3b public market cap debut.
    Lukewarm public interest beyond the niche community of Aptera lovers.

If the above does become reality, would I still have invested?
    Absolutely. Only regret was not having been part of the first WeFunder raise.

PS: Mad kudos to anyone who took part in their 2019 WeFunder campaign when they were only valued at $25m!

• paul-kirchner

November 24, 2021 at 2:57 pm

I sure didn’t roll as high as you but I did throw down some money. I did it just because they’re trying to do something worthwhile. And trying to do something for the good is better than not.

• joshua-caldwell

November 26, 2021 at 8:56 am

I invested on the second fundraising, the first was already filled and closed within hours and before I went online to do that myself, I invested an equal amount when the Alphas were done and will do same with Betas are done.

• thomas-edmonds

December 22, 2021 at 9:57 pm

Will they go public after the funding round closes?

• len

December 23, 2021 at 4:36 am

In a previous video Chris mentioned 12-18 months away. So “ Stay tuned” I guess

• andy-keck

December 23, 2021 at 5:58 am

I suspect it will come after production starts. The market may be kinder once the vehicles start rolling off.

Andy

• hong-zhang

December 23, 2021 at 7:39 am

I have received the email of “Investor Funds Received”, but my account still shows “Your investments are not yet listed”. How long does it take for the investment status to be updated on my account?

• Audra

Administrator
    December 28, 2021 at 10:12 am

Hi Hong!

Glad everyone was able to jump in here. Thanks for asking about this! It generally takes about a week or two after the funds are received for the investment to show up under “Review Investments” through your online Aptera account. I am working with our web team to make updates to the investment dashboard on all Aptera accounts. Unfortunately, it is not linked to the investment portal: invest.aptera.us. If your investment has been confirmed through the investment portal, it will become viewable on your online https://www.aptera.us account.

I look forward to getting your Aptera account up to date! It has been flagged for follow-up. I’ll keep you posted!

Thank you for your support,

Audra

Aptera

• Audra

Administrator
    December 29, 2021 at 2:40 pm

Hi Hong,

Quick update from the investment support team— your investment is ready to be finalized. Once it is complete, you will receive a confirmation email from invest@aptera.us containing your fully executed subscription agreement & ceremonial certificate. Please let us know if you have any questions!

• raoul-desy

December 31, 2021 at 12:25 pm

I invested back in July and my account on this site still shows “Your investments are not yet listed”. I reached out and was told that the investment site is not linked to this site, and that the investments only show up on the investment site – not this one. Based on that, you need to log in to the investment site to see the investment.

• bobkooltools-com

January 1, 2022 at 3:53 am

Thanks for the replies. I am not sure I understand why there is a “Review Investments” link on the dashboard, if the investments are not to be listed there.

I finally stopped waiting and reserved a car yesterday. In the month that has gone by since my investment I believe that a couple thousand people got in line ahead of me, which is fine, I don’t mind it. But I also did not get the $100 reservation fee waived.

And none of this discussion explains not getting any replies to my messages to the company.

Hope they are able to get this improved.

• john-malcom

January 16, 2022 at 8:12 pm

Viedo on Aptera Owners site discussing the venture capital firm which has provided Series A Funding for Aptera. Hope Aptera enlightens us on this investment and the amount of influence their representative will have in the Aptera Board positions he now holds.

I had personally hope that Aptera Enthusiasts Funding would have provided all of the capital needed to get to production.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8NKhgxMapg&t=336s

• wilson-tsai

January 16, 2022 at 8:59 pm

They are keeping their fundraise open, although at $9.20 / share now.

I am willing to bet Steve and Anthony are still in firm control in terms of voting power.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  Wilson Tsai.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  Gabriel Kemeny.
  • bruce-jankowitz

January 17, 2022 at 8:51 am

Not sure which update/when sometime after the investor funding round(class A I believe) I remember Chris stating he had sufficient funding the begin production a while ago. This concerns me for many reasons. I hope they (Aptera) are getting good advice/direction from their production partners.

• henry-kitt

January 17, 2022 at 3:51 pm

Aptera has plenty of money to make it into production, but it does not have enough money to boost production numbers to the levels that Rivian is looking to have, and they don’t have enough to fully establish their 4 wheel vehicles or to spend capital on marketing at the level of Lucid.

With all of the preorders Aptera is realizing that setting a goal of 10k units a year is a joke, and that they need to get to 100k vehicles asap. Aptera making it to production at all, however, is not a concern whatsoever for me. It’s only that their production guidance will have an effect on their market value. The higher their market cap and funding raised the faster they can expand.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  Henry Kitt.
  • steven-g-bueche

January 18, 2022 at 2:55 am

What was the previous stock price, wasn’t it $8 something? I’d like to see the Investment page list the shares amount as well as the invested amount. And yes Henry it does seem that production is running a bit slow but I suspect that when the testing phase of the cars is complete things will pick up rather quickly.

• Biker

January 18, 2022 at 5:49 am

You’ll see that kind of detail when the annual report is filed with the SEC – I assume sometime next month.

• henry-kitt

January 18, 2022 at 4:00 am

Previous price was $8.80/share.

Aptera will run multiple micro factories. Producing 10k vehicles from each one isn’t horrible, but they need capital to set up 10+ micro factories around the world.

The demand will be there because it’s the ONLY EV that counters all of the downsides of owning an EV and is way faster than most sports cars. But I’m also referring to the upcoming 4 wheel vehicles.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  Henry Kitt.
Page 1 of 4

The discussion ‘Aptera stock, shareholder and investor info’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now