Carlsbad schedule

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Carlsbad schedule

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Carlsbad schedule

• Carlsbad schedule

• Pistonboy Delux

October 22, 2021 at 4:31 pm

I have a quick question.

When will Aptera Motors move into the new Carlsbad manufacturing facility?

• BRUCE MENGLER

October 22, 2021 at 4:44 pm

I drove completely around the building that I believe is the new Aptera assembly site on the afternoon Oct. 16, 2021 & there was no obvious activity to be seen. I was in the neighborhood so I decided to take a minor detour to scope it out, but the results were duly underwhelming.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/5818-El-Camino-Real-Carlsbad-CA/19689339/

I have no proof or first hand knowledge that I was at the correct location, but this building seems
    to resemble what Sarah’s photo depicted. It is in Carlsbad & was being offered For Lease earlier this year.

• G Johns

October 22, 2021 at 5:37 pm

You all are checking out empty buildings? I sympathize.

All I want is an empty body with wheels to coast down hills with until production starts and I get my order.

• Arlen Bell

October 22, 2021 at 9:29 pm

The location was only announced recently so they may not have closed the deal yet. It would be reassuring to see a current time line for activities leading to production. With the shipping delays plaguing about everything these days I would like to see that all the parts are on some schedule for coming together. I have to presume this is being done internally already. Lots has to come together in the next 3? Months.

• Lou Verner

October 23, 2021 at 1:30 am

Given we’re effectively down to 2 months to go to 2022 and we haven’t even seen a Beta yet, my guess is we’ll be very lucky to see the first production vehicles by the end of next year. I am hoping to get mine before the end of 2023!

• John Malcom

October 23, 2021 at 3:32 am

As I have said in other posts, manufacturing is a formable task even for established automakers. In addition to the normal manufacturing hurtles, Aptera has to establish a facility, equip the facility, and staff and train a production and support team to get started. The production organization also has to deal with the unknows not known at the time of planning.

I believe Aptera hired the right person to manage supply and production operations. I believe there is a plan and schedule for production albeit changing to respond to conditions more frequently than would normally be expected.

The senior management team at Aptera has done a remarkable job to this point developing a groundbreaking vehicle. I believe this management team will be successful in bringing the Aptera to production as quickly as possible under the constraints of the current environment.

We have been spoiled to have unprecedented insight into Aptera development with the transparency granted by the founders. Now it is time for us to have patience until Aptera reworks their planning and shares the results with us.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now