Cargo Retention

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Cargo Retention

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Cargo Retention

• Cargo Retention

kerbe2705 updated 1 month, 2 weeks ago 5 Members · 6 Posts
  • Michael Rennick

October 21, 2021 at 12:12 pm

I wonder what kind of cargo retention options will arise after the Aptera is released. I know it was mentioned that the trunk floor will be removable for additional storage, but I could see cargo nets or even maybe a subdivided panel being valuable. Maybe not immoderately, but down the road, there are all kinds of thing that can be done with this space.

• Leonard Nowak

October 21, 2021 at 12:37 pm

Although there are many aftermarket accessories out there and some featured in past forum replies… The Pet kit also includes some type of divider behind the front seats

I have been in the Sol and it reminds me of the cargo area I had in my ‘72 Datsun 240 Z and there were plenty of things available even back then. I did cross country trips “ loaded “ in that great memory! The Z had wheel wells that ate some space and was not as deep as the Aptera.. I believe I had a full size spare under that old cargo area??.

• Peter Jorgensen

October 21, 2021 at 2:53 pm

I’ve used these nets before (particularly the side ones) and they are fantastic. I will definitely do something like this with my Aptera if I can figure out how to modify it easily to fit, or buy something that fits.

• Leonard Nowak

October 21, 2021 at 3:33 pm

If you were thinking of the pet kit, they include a mesh divider, but I assume these are rigid and secure well to contain a pet.

I suppose it could be flexible though, if there are tie downs for a pets vehicle’s safety hardness (?)

I have only seen renderings of the proposed Aptera divider

Whatever doesn’t rattle and is safe for a dog… works well for me in a quiet vehicle😉

I would think simple strong and lightweight would be Aptera’s goal

Surely a flexible mesh should tuck away under the cargo area or the frunk

• Curtis Cibinel

October 21, 2021 at 4:24 pm

For pet safety I would hope they have a rail type tie system in the floor. For things like nets, bags, and 5 gallon water jigs little hooks on the sides are very useful and don’t add much to the manufacturing process. In the feature suggestion chain someone brought up a marine inspired concept for the floor which is quite similar.

• kerbe2705

October 21, 2021 at 10:22 pm

My Clarity PHEV has a large cargo area – so I purchased one of these to use, especially when grocery shopping: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0838Y5XHY

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now