Can Aptera provide to us a breakdown by Country of vehicles ORDERED.

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Can Aptera provide to us a breakdown by Country of vehicles ORDERED.

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Can Aptera provide to us a breakdown by Country of vehicles ORDERED.

• Can Aptera provide to us a breakdown by Country of vehicles ORDERED.

• rich garlick

September 6, 2021 at 5:46 am

It would be nice to see on Aptera’s main webpage where all Aptera’s are ordered from.

• Ozman

September 6, 2021 at 5:55 am

Aptera is being fairly transparent about things overall, but that is information that they will probably consider proprietary.

• Dan Roberts

September 6, 2021 at 7:24 pm

It will be public the next time they update investors. They are a semi public company now reporting twice a year.

• Joshua Rosen

September 6, 2021 at 8:35 am

$100 reservations aren’t orders they are an expression of interest. Nobody knows what the conversion rate will be or whether it will be consistent across states. For example the rolling out of the service network will have a huge effect on when and where people choose to order, same thing for when test drives become available. I have no intention of pulling the trigger site unseen or until they have a service person in Massachusetts. Buying will be much easier for people in Southern California then it will be for everyone else so I would expect the conversion rate to be much higher there then in other places. That said there is the crowd sourced owners map that’s probably as good as anything given the current circumstances,

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?hl=en&ll=39.047514608753694%2C-104.00413989999998&z=5&mid=18yleMTWyYKBxJl1B1Cd0G3gvKAnpHcvV

• John Malcom

September 6, 2021 at 2:35 pm

Without a doubt proprietary. This is not information you would want to provide publicly as a privately held company as it would provide key information to a competitor. As a publicly held company the information may need to be disclosed publicly as a part of government compliance.

We as Aptera enthusiasts really don’t need to know this information

• Dan Roberts

September 6, 2021 at 7:30 pm

John,

Order numbers are not proprietary. There have been many public conversations about orders. It would be helpful to know the number of orders for the different models. This would help Aptera customers judge which model they may want to purchase. The company has said that they will produce 40kwh models first then 20 the 60 and finally 100. Aptera is a self described semi public company reporting twice a year.

• Ozman

September 6, 2021 at 8:09 pm

Dan, Everyone is making assumptions without taking all the details known and unknown into account. Whenever I hear someone say “The company has said that they will produce 40kwh models first then 20 (25 actually) the 60 and finally 100.” they appear to think they’re going to look at the outstanding orders and build every 400 that’s been reserved, and so fourth. I’ll take anyone’s money that will not be the case. It’s never been clear how many the first production runs will be, 500? 20? we don’t have that info yet, as well as other items that should be considered (location, ability to pay, acceptability of the final price, hell, really, no one should be able to say that they’re buying one sight unseen, without sitting in the vehicle and test driving it, and getting all your questions about it answered.) I think it’s pretty safe to say that if your reservation isn’t in the first 1,000, it won’t matter all that much overall, and switching range will not likely change your date by much. Posting accurate reservation info, and keeping it updated would be a full time job in itself. It’s not something I would ever expect to see, except in the most general terms.

• John Malcom

September 7, 2021 at 7:39 am

Totally agree with Ozman’s post.

There is no reason why this information should be shared with the public, and as stated, the burden to do so would impact Aptera staffing with an unplanned activity. <font face=”inherit”>No legacy car company has ever posted this kind of information on a site and people have been able to make a vehicle choice from their offerings without difficulty. Those interested in an Aptera can do so as well, especially since the </font>choices<font face=”inherit”> are simpler and well defined in the configuration tool. </font>

<font face=”inherit”>Vehicle choices should be made on the prospective purchasers needs vs. vehicle characteristics not how many of what kind are being reserved/sold</font>

<font face=”inherit”>By the way, Aptera is in no way a public company or semi public company as there no such </font>entity<font face=”inherit”> as a “Semi public company” A public company is a company who’s shares are listed and traded openly on a public exchange (NASDAQ, New York Stock Exchange, etc) Aptera has not initiated or completed an IPO or other action that would result in their shares being listed or traded on an exchange. </font>

<font face=”inherit”>We should be </font>grateful<font face=”inherit”> for this as Aptera Management retails control of the company and can move it forward effectively focused on their vision without </font>outside<font face=”inherit”> interference.</font>

<font face=”inherit”>If you are interested in their official filing under Reg A you can Google Aptera Motors for For 1-A, Issuers Information. There should be two, one for each funding initiative.</font>

• rich garlick

September 8, 2021 at 1:26 am

The reason I asked by “country”is because I don’t believe the countries that have EU width restrictions will be legally-able to purchase the vehicle “as Designed”. This will leave out deliveries to all EU COUNTRIES AND AUSTRALIA, probably many Asian countries as well. So instead of 11,000 + preorders its more like 7 or 8 k depending on how many vehicles were pre-ordered from outside North America. Hence, my question. I don’t expect to see this data or expect anyone at Aptera to waste time on it. Just making an observation / conversation. Clearly, a narrow-vehicle redesign will take time and not be available immediately…nor be part of the early production plan, especially under Sandy Munro’s Model of Lean Production of Vehicles…You have to start somewhere / sometime if you want to stay in business and grow. Build it and they will come….😉

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now