Build Back Better and APTERA

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Build Back Better and APTERA

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Build Back Better and APTERA

• Build Back Better and APTERA

kevin wong updated 2 weeks ago 7 Members · 14 Posts
  • Nick Michell

November 19, 2021 at 9:12 pm

This has passed the House. Anyone (not named Joe Manchin) who says they know what will pass the Senate is probably lying, but here’s what’s in the House version:

————————–

This provision provides for a 30% credit, not to exceed $7,500, for two and three wheeled plug <br role=”presentation”>in electric vehicles which have a battery capacity of no less than two and a half kilowatt hours, <br role=”presentation”>are manufactured primarily for use on roads and highways, and are capable of achieving a speed <br role=”presentation”>of 45 miles per hour or greater, and otherwise meet the requirements of this section.

————————–

GREAT news for Aptera if it passes.

• Joel Smith

November 20, 2021 at 12:30 pm

I will second that! I would be pleased to get that essentially same credit as I got on my Leaf six and a half years ago, and on an Aptera with essentially the same list price (as currently configured). Might even add another upgrade or two in that circumstance.

• Curtis Cibinel

November 20, 2021 at 1:20 pm

Hope this passes. Smaller vehicles (bikes) and ultra efficient vehicles deserve the same chance in the market.

Personally id rather see no subsidy and tax gas / ice cars instead. This bill will be insanely expensive and likely stop within a few years. Governments need to simplify how they handle externalities.

As a Canadian I hope our subsidies get a rewrite because currently the aptera only gets $2500. It would get $5000 if it was slower… Because logic…

• Elzo Stubbe

November 21, 2021 at 5:29 am

In The Netherlands copper thread was invented. Two politicians found a coin…..Very very conservative government here. They decreased the subsidy on ev’s last year with €300 from €4000 to €3700 and will decrease it to €3300 this coming year and one has to apply really early in the year because they only give it to 20.000 people…..

• kevin wong

November 21, 2021 at 8:05 am

Not to sound dumb but does that mean the smallest battery (the 250mileor400km/25kw) will get the full credit as well? I know it didnt in the last version of the bill where it had to be at least a 40kw battery. Thanks to anyone who knows.

• Nick Michell

November 21, 2021 at 10:10 am

I believe the minimum battery size for 2 and 3 wheeled vehicles is only 2.5 kWh, so Aptera would qualify pretty easily 🙂

• Joshua Caldwell

November 21, 2021 at 9:40 am

Of course, given who is in the house and who is in the senate, if even 1 democrat (and there are 2 vocally against that bill) votes against it, this will not happen.

• Ronster

November 21, 2021 at 9:52 am

Promising? IF I’m understanding properly, the maxxed out Aptera will apply for the $7,500.USD tax discount if it now passes the Senate.

Y/N?

Tax credits jump to $1,500 for e-bikes, $7,500 for electric motorcycles in Build Back Better Act

• kevin wong

November 21, 2021 at 2:10 pm

why would the Aptera need to be maxed out? I thought the only deciding factor was if it was considered a passenger vehicle or a motorcycle. But if the motorcycles are getting a 7500 tax credit now, I guess it doesnt matter what its classified as.

• kevin wong

November 21, 2021 at 2:23 pm

If you get a rebate of 7500 for motorcycles, how would that impact Sondor or Kollter ES1? Both cost about $6000, are you going to make money buying one of these? Im not sure how that would work

• Nick Michell

November 21, 2021 at 2:27 pm

30% of price up to $7500, so no, you won’t make a profit on it 🙂

• kevin wong

November 21, 2021 at 4:08 pm

ah, I was getting confused with the 7500 you get for 4 wheeled vehicles …thanks.

• Ronster

November 21, 2021 at 3:52 pm

Ok, so it would seem 25,000.USD (& up) would in fact get you the 7500.USD credit based on 30% of vehicle cost in order to apply. Think I got it. Cool for everyone then. All Aptera configurations should then apply for the full amount.

• kevin wong

November 21, 2021 at 4:10 pm

thats awesome. I just hope this is the version that gets passed.

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now