Beta test vehicles

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Beta test vehicles

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Beta test vehicles

• Beta test vehicles

John Malcom updated 3 weeks, 1 day ago 3 Members · 3 Posts
  • Peter Robbinson

October 2, 2021 at 8:48 am

I’m quite sure there are a billion requests for a beta vehicle and I’ll put my hand up as well. In my case, being in the north, it would be invaluable for Aptera to have a vehicle tested in winter. Plus, it would be a real standout in the region 🙂 So, if I could perhaps buy a beta or maybe at least partially fund a beta model …?

• kerbe2705

October 2, 2021 at 9:27 am

As I understand it, beta prototypes are created to test solutions for problems found with the alpha prototypes. It’s the gamma range (production intent) that are usually tested as they most closely resemble what is expected to be the finished product. Delta prototypes (production ready) are identical to the vehicle that will be sold: Delta prototypes serve to test the manufacturing process.

• John Malcom

October 2, 2021 at 12:55 pm

Beta Prototypes are still engineering test vehicles. They are produced in very limited numbers and not made available outside of the company. I do not believe that any Aptera prototypes will be generally made available outside of the company. The first vehicle made available to the public will be a production vehicle through purchase.

I believe you are thinking of software beta prototype s which are often released for limited public use and comment prior to the official release of the final version of software

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now