BASF Chromacool Tech (& colours)

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions BASF Chromacool Tech (& colours)

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions BASF Chromacool Tech (& colours)

• BASF Chromacool Tech (& colours)

Ray Holan updated 4 weeks ago 4 Members · 9 Posts
  • Ronster

November 6, 2021 at 2:41 pm

BASF’s Chromacool Tech (& paint) highlighted in a BASF & Hymer Camper Van.

OMG – Beautiful Design ❤️

New ultra-resilient paintwork: the temperature-regulating, energy-efficient Chromacool technology from BASF reduces the surface temperature of the vehicle by 20°C and that of the interior by up to 4°C. It also allows a more individual look, offering an alternative to the classic white.

Something to consider regarding innovation BUT also regarding controlling temperature while providing some neat colors too, etc.

The world, it is a changing. Embrace innovation for a better today & tomorrow. 🌻

https://www.hymer.com/de/en/models/technology-innovation/vision-venture

• Ronster

November 6, 2021 at 2:51 pm

• Randy J

November 6, 2021 at 5:05 pm

I love the engineering. Best shower solution I’ve ever seen. I can seen that camper in my future.

• Ronster

November 6, 2021 at 5:18 pm

No kidding. Price it within reason & I’d be all over this too. Absolutely stunning and well designed.

• Randy J

November 6, 2021 at 5:04 pm

It would be interesting to know if it reduces interior temperatues up to 4* in the colder months too.

That would be a negative thing IMO. For 4 or 5 months of the year I want my ride to warm up, not cool down.

• Ronster

November 6, 2021 at 5:30 pm

If your car was white it would also make a difference in summer too. Would you reject any white car? If so, this tech gives you benefits even with a BLACK exterior.

(BTW, the two Aptera I have reserved are black with the lightest interior configuration). I’d love the tech on my black Apterae.

Is there a major negative to white cars come winter? I live in Canada (Winterpeg for decades as well) and I’ve had both black & white cars. Noticed summer benefits of white but really no noticeable difference or benefit come winter. Temps ranged as high as ~+35°C in summer & ~-40°C in winter.

When it’s -30°C or – 40°C the sun doesn’t (& won’t) melt the snow off your parked car outside nor warm the surfaces or interior of your car, ALL colours aside. You have an insulated fridge, at best, in other words.

SIDE NOTE: I now live in the beautiful Okanagan Valley of British Columbia, CANADA and it doesn’t get much colder than – 10°C come winter whereas summer can get as hot as most anywhere. We often beat (or matched) Arizona and west coast of America last summer. Basically, it was extra brutal.

Also, remember it’s an SEV. I’d suggest the greatest benefit in general for Solar Electric Vehicles will be summer for that charging benefit. I obviously hope it also is used to keep cabin cooler in summer when parked as well, given you want it out “In the Sun”. Come winter, overnight covered in snow, not so much. Likely best parked indoors (overnight &/or otherwise) “when possible” come winter; all paint colors aside IMHO.

• my_discord_number_is_0328 bloody stupid

November 6, 2021 at 8:08 pm

high level of solar heating in cold doesnt happen as often as heat during sunny days, its more relevent in sunny places where solar panels on cars would be more useful.

• Ronster

November 6, 2021 at 8:14 pm

Exactly.

• Ray Holan

November 7, 2021 at 8:04 am

Thanks for posting this video, Ronster. I really was impressed by how the table folds away and slides under the bench seat. The sea green gray color on the van body is killer especially with that yellow orange accent stripe. Got me to thinking about how cool that combo would be on my own Aptera.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now