Back from the Dead

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Back from the Dead

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Back from the Dead

• Back from the Dead

Steve L updated 2 weeks, 4 days ago 6 Members · 8 Posts
  • B B

September 8, 2021 at 6:49 pm

Got an email today from Elio Motors. They are back from the dead they say… how on earth does this company expect to survive against the titan wave of Aptera? Elio… let it die!

• Fanfare 100

September 8, 2021 at 7:07 pm

Gosh! Unless Elio listens to the hoards which once told him he should go electric with that thing.

• Ronster

September 8, 2021 at 8:32 pm

Take it for what it is but apparently they are going electric (if at all):

https://www.eliomotors.com/

All their social media links have old info.

• B B

September 8, 2021 at 8:56 pm

Their website must have been just refreshed. It didn’t say that when I got the email. Makes sense they are finally going EV. $15k for an electric isn’t bad and if the US does it’s $7500 thing this Elio might be worth their original ICE asking price.

• John Malcom

September 9, 2021 at 10:29 am

Elio is a three wheeler (Autocycle) like Aptera. Doubt it would be eligible for the $7,500. Aptera isn’t

• Riley _

September 8, 2021 at 9:00 pm

Wonder how small of a battery it will have. Says 3 days of commuting, with the average round-trip commute of 30 miles thats a 90 mile range.

• B B

September 9, 2021 at 8:19 am

I was thinking the same thing. My Fiat 500e does 90 miles per charge (real world is about 65-70) but its a pig compared to the Elio, so perhaps its a 24kWh, could be even smaller! Says 52 miles is the average daily commute so it might do 150 mile range… not bad.

• Steve L

September 9, 2021 at 10:50 am

Given Elios track record I would be shocked if they ever delivered a product to anyone. They’ve been claiming to have vehicles ready for delivery since 2012 and have basically ghosted their reservation holders for the past 5 years and not responded to any emails or calls or requests for cancellations.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now