Aptera Suspension Update

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Suspension Update

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Suspension Update

• Aptera Suspension Update

• Walter Lossa

August 31, 2021 at 12:31 pm
  • John Wiley

August 31, 2021 at 4:57 pm

So, Ioswa – where did you find this video? I went to News on the website, but couldn’t find it. Was just wondering what I should be doing differently to keep myself better informed. At any rate, thanks for posting.

• Bob Kirchner Kirchner

August 31, 2021 at 5:06 pm

It showed up on YouTube yesterday. The Almighty Algorithm sends me just about everything Aptera related, and I also subscribe to Aptera’s YouTube channel, so it showed up on my subscriptions page as soon as the video was launched.

It is odd that Aptera hasn’t posted the video on this site as well.

• John Wiley

September 1, 2021 at 6:05 am

Thanks, Bob. I am now subscribed to “Aptera Motors” and “Aptera Owner’s Club”. That should help me stay up to date.

• Jesthorbjorn

August 31, 2021 at 6:57 pm

From the home page, tap the drop down menu upper left and select “community”. Recent forum posts show up at the top, but if you scroll down a ways, you will see (I think it is) “recent social media posts”. The video showed up pretty promptly there.

I agree. Seems like it should be “News” too.

• John Wiley

September 1, 2021 at 6:21 am

Thanks, Jesthorbjorn. As I’m not a social media user, I tend to overlook titles that include that phrase. I’ve learned my lesson and will now look there, as well as Aptera News and the YouTube subscriptions. I do think Aptera, however, should throw ALL Aptera public communications into News, at the very least, as well as social media and YouTube and any other place that is appropriate.

• Kenneth Bolinsky

September 4, 2021 at 12:56 pm

Everything from Aptera seems to appear first on Facebook…

• Pistonboy

August 31, 2021 at 9:53 pm

Two things I found interesting are:

Item 1: Conforming electric power assist steering would be present.

Item 2: Stating autonomous driving would be one of their biggest points in the future. If course, autonomous driving has become somewhat of a vague term, meaning different things to different people.

• Joshua Vance

September 2, 2021 at 7:35 pm

I still wonder how involved they are with Tesla. FSD add on in a few years?

• Pistonboy

September 2, 2021 at 8:08 pm

I believe they are heavily involved with Tesla, and Tesla is letting them use some of their components.

• Paul Schultz

September 4, 2021 at 6:41 am

Any actual data to back this up? I would think for autonomous driving tech they would use either OpenPilot software modified for the Aptera or contract with one of the tier 2 automotive contractors to provide a solution.

• Joshua Rosen

September 4, 2021 at 6:59 am

I can’t imagine that any company would use OpenPilot when there are a number of far better funded choices. MobilEye, which is Intel, or Cruise, which is GM and Honda, Argo, which is Ford, or Tesla are far more likely. In any event it’s going to be years before their will be a true Level 5 system. They are offering driver’s assist, they haven’t said where they are getting that from but there are a number of off the shelf sources.

• Paul Schultz

September 4, 2021 at 10:40 am

Consumer Report rated OpenPilot ahead of the others as a level 2 ADAS. It is open source so cost is zero to use. Right now, there is no single vendor with a product that noticeably stands out. Comma.ai is in San Diego as is Aptera. It is an option and their proximity can help make a collaboration easier.

• Kenneth Bolinsky

September 4, 2021 at 1:02 pm

In one of the webinars they mentioned that they are working with a Japanese developer to provide the SafetyPilot functionality. The overall UX interface design is from a Canadian firm, Crank Software. https://www.cranksoftware.com/press-release-crank-software-teams-with-aptera

• Kenneth Bolinsky

September 4, 2021 at 12:58 pm

Actually, no: One of the Founders drives a Model 3 and they used parts from wrecked Model 3s to assemble the alpha prototypes – until they can find suppliers for parts of their own.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now