Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Looks Ahead to Manufacturing Phase

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Looks Ahead to Manufacturing Phase

• Aptera Looks Ahead to Manufacturing Phase

Pistonboy updated 2 weeks, 3 days ago 6 Members · 7 Posts
  • Walter Lossa

September 7, 2021 at 5:16 am
  • John Malcom

September 7, 2021 at 6:34 am

No new news here. I guess they are still looking although there are conflicting stories about potential manufacturing sites. Bothersome though that Aptera is so close to the manufacturing date in their currently published and advertised schedule without the site location nailed down. Maybe it is and just not announced.

The new VP of Production most likely has that monkey on his back.

• Eric Rodz

September 7, 2021 at 9:03 pm

I wonder if Aptera and Lordstown Motors Co (LMC) could collaborate on manufacturing. LMC is using Elaphe hub motors in its Endurance pickup truck and they are looking for partners to help fill the gigantic 6.2 million sq-ft factory they purchased from GM. LMC is dedicating 800,000 sq-ft of the factory to make Elaphe hub motors and battery packs in house.

• John Malcom

September 7, 2021 at 9:36 pm

Not a good time to connect with Lords town right now. They will be in financial and legal trouble for defrauding the public.

In wheel motor for a pickup truck not the same as one for an Aptera Vehicle

• Pistonboy

September 10, 2021 at 12:41 am

The manufacturing facility would be a long distance from the development facility. It is generally preferred to keep these facilities near each other.

• Carl Knapp

September 7, 2021 at 11:24 pm

If Sandy Munro models this after Dodge Viper’s manufacturing Aptera will not need anything close to a typical auto manufacturing plant. The Viper facility kicked out three handmade vehicles a day with four times the parts and many more heavy parts versus the Aptera. I would only guess most of Aptera’s small sub-assembly can be done using a forklift on five parts lines. They would not need many hand hoists for final assembly plus a conveyor belt to move the vehicle down the line can be installed somewhat quickly.

Once they make the vehicle the logistics of transportation to customers may be a challenge. It might not be just first come first served.

• Philip Raymond

September 8, 2021 at 12:19 am

Not sure if this would work for most Aptera reservation holders, but I would gladly fly out to San Diego to pick up my Aptera. Also, a great excuse for a day trip to Tijuana.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now