Aptera France

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera France

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera France

• Aptera France

• bruno CAUSSE

October 20, 2021 at 10:34 am

Hi Aptera team !

I am really exited to have ordered my Aptera today !

I am french , so i need to know if you will get COC for europeen countries

and use specials components to be ok for outlets and voltage.

• kerbe2705

October 20, 2021 at 10:49 am

Salut, Bruno! Aptera has said that they plan to homologate the vehicle for EU and UK sales once they have established production in the US.

• Joshua Rosen

October 21, 2021 at 7:03 am

It’s going to be a long time before they will be ready to export to the EU. We are hoping that they will start US production by the middle of next year but that will be small numbers, most of us who are on the list won’t see a car before 2023. I hope I’m being overly pessimistic about those dates but I wouldn’t bet on it being any earlier. For the EU they have to change from CCS1 to CCS2 which won’t be very hard. The open question has to do with the width of the Aptera and whether it will be legal on EU roads, there has been some discussion about that in this forum. Have you looked at the dimensions, do you think they will work for you?

• bruno CAUSSE

October 21, 2021 at 7:25 am

thanks

yes , it will take long time since to be legal and compatible with EU standard

my action is to participate to this project and support it ! 👍👍

about dimensions , you speak about dimensions of the car to be legal in France ??

• Joshua Rosen

October 21, 2021 at 7:43 am

The Aptera is very wide because of the placement the wheels and skirts which was done for aerodynamics and for stability, it’s about the same width as a Ford F150 pickup truck. American parking spaces are laid out for pickup trucks because those are the most popular vehicles in the US. The lanes on our highways are also wider than they are in Europe and of course we don’t have any medieval cities with their narrow streets. On another thread someone from Europe said that there was an EU regulation that limited the width of passenger vehicles and that the Aptera exceeded it, I’m not in a position to comment on that, I’m just repeating what I read on this forum.

One place where Aptera will have an easier time in the EU is for side mirrors. Aptera is planning on using cameras instead of mirrors because there is a significant drag reduction if you use cameras. Side cameras are legal in the EU but not in the US. They are hoping that the US rule will be changed but it’s unlikely that it will happen in a timely manner.

• bruno CAUSSE

October 22, 2021 at 12:07 pm

There is F150 pick-up alteady in France, so vehicule Can be large and légal.

Yes , WE will have some problèms with narrow streats into médiéval cities 😁😁😁

Good news if mirror caméra légal in EU , i see on Honda E , it is great !

There is spécial advantage for 3 wheels in EU , perhaps it will easier to get COC .

For exemple , this 3 wheels is légal

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now