Aptera Fire Brigade Idea.

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Fire Brigade Idea.

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Fire Brigade Idea.

• Aptera Fire Brigade Idea.

• Nathan Bendall

November 24, 2021 at 6:40 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have been following Aptera Motors Corp. since 2006. Aptera’s Hometown is in San Diego County, California. San Diego County, California is a great place to call home. Unfortunately, California is no stranger to disasters. These disasters can range anywhere from Earthquakes, Wildfires, Mudslides, Floods, Tsunamis and Etc. On the topic of Wildfires, firefighting resources can become quite stretched at times during a Wildfire Emergency. During Peacetime (Regular Life), the firefighting resources stationed there can meet most emergency situations without having to request Mutual Aid from surrounding communities. Wildfire Season is another beast entirely. I have listen to several 911 emergency calls online of people being trapped in their burning houses (Paradise, CA.) with no way out. Help did not come for them in time. The firefighters on radio calls with 911 Dispatch (Ventura Country, CA.) were trying to get more resources dispatched to the emergency scene. Sadly, all the equipment was out the door at that time. I own my life to the local fire department here in town. My Mom, Grandmother, Great Grandmother and I were trapped in my Great Grandmother’s Burning Nursing Home in 1996. If it was not for the bravery of my local fire department, I would not be speaking to you today. I am writing this post to help judge people’s interest in my idea. I want to hear your thoughts. So please post whatever you want in the comment section. And on with the show! The Aptera Fire Brigade Purpose is to help offer Mutual Aid Assistance to local fire departments in Southern California along with the rest of the region during times of disaster. It is not set up to offer 24/7 365 Days a Year Emergency Services everyday. Fire departments can be quite costly affairs to establish and operate. Fire departments offer a wide variety of emergency services daily ranging from EMS to USAR and anything and everything in between. The goal here is to pretty much keep everything as simple as possible. No extra thrills here. My main goal simply is just to pump water from a lake or a Fire Hydrant, transport the water quickly and use the water to help put out wildfires in town. So the Government Operated Fire Departments can be able to focus on much complex emergencies. My Goal here currently is just to buy a fire truck along with the accessories. No more, no less. I am considering partnering with a local fire department in San Diego County, California. They would be allowed to use it 24/7 365 Days a year in exchange for free parking and security. We cannot afford to park it on the side of the road security wise. Aptera Employees would be asked if they would like to join the Aptera Fire Brigade? They would receive the same training as Full Time Firefighters do at the Local Fire Academy. When the Wildfires come to town again, the Aptera Fire Brigade Members would be activated by 911 Dispatch for Mutual Aid Calls. The Regular Government Funded Firefighters would be off using their own fire trucks to respond to this Wildfire Emergency. So without the Aptera Fire Brigade Members, our Aptera Fire Brigade Fire Truck will just stay parked at the Fire Station. For fundraising efforts, I though that people who donate money could get a Aptera Fire Brigade Supporter T-shirt to wear around town, get their name listed on the fire truck, the website and etc. and maybe even get a ride in the fire truck! Thanks, Nathan

• Nathan Bendall

November 24, 2021 at 6:44 pm

This is an accidently duplicated. How can I delete it please? I can only edit it. Thanks! Nathan

• Curtis Cibinel

November 24, 2021 at 8:05 pm

Unfortunately you cant (or I couldnt figure it out either). Hopefully with a newer comment the other one can die over time. I’ll read that wall of text later and comment if appropriate.

• my_discord_number_is_0328 bloody stupid

November 24, 2021 at 8:12 pm

electric needs to be in max effeincy use, or else its argueably not worth using while recyling and weight problems continue. i guess you could watertight a trailer and have a long hose.

• Nathan Bendall

November 24, 2021 at 8:16 pm

Are we talking about the Aptera 2e Vehicle here? I was just thinking of buying a used fire truck. Thoughts? Thanks, Nathan

• Nathan Bendall

November 27, 2021 at 7:05 pm

The Aptera Fire Brigade GoFundMe Fundraiser is a now a go! Please donate what you feel comfortable with. Even a $1 can help to make a big difference! Thanks again, Nathan https://gofund.me/08f3e87a

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now