Aptera Fan Graphics – Wrap Colors and Images

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Fan Graphics – Wrap Colors and Images

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Fan Graphics – Wrap Colors and Images

• Aptera Fan Graphics – Wrap Colors and Images

• Peter Jorgensen

August 12, 2021 at 11:46 am

Taking requests! Here are a bunch of photoshop renders of various color schemes and whatnot that I wanted to share. Use how you like.

Base models and colors

• Peter Jorgensen

August 12, 2021 at 11:47 am
    • Camille Mosley-Pasley

August 16, 2021 at 5:38 pm

Picking a custom wrap was hard enough but throwing 2 tones in the mix set my heart aflutter. Why stop there? Now I’m thinking a band of paisleys or water drops on a teal base. Decisions…decisions………. Welp, I have plenty of time to play in Photoshop and figure it out.

• Paul Evans

September 8, 2021 at 2:15 pm

Great job, Peter!

FYI – if you don’t have the 3M swatch book or for anyone that wants one, I found it on Amazon.

Go to: https://www.amazon.com/Wrap-Film-1080-Swatch-Sample/dp/B018PLCEKY It helps to see the actual proucts, especially the color flip effects in daylight by bending the sample.

The picture is misleading – what I received includes all of the 2080 series that are on their latest poster as far as I can tell. It also includes overlay samples which are clear films that are either textured (think carbon fiber or brushed effects) or, are fine-grained reflective or colored micro-dots.

It’s a little pricey at $26.98 with free Prime delivery and free returns. There are several EBay vendors the advertise lower prices but I trust Amazon and have never been comfortable with EBay.

• Dennis McCall McCall

September 8, 2021 at 2:56 pm

Paul, I’m pretty sure that Aptera has not actually come out and said they will be using 3M. When I requested the potential vendor in January, they responded. “We don’t have exact details on the custom options at this time but will announce them soon. Please follow us on social media or sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest updates.” I haven’t seen anything definite since then. (If anyone has an actual Aptera response, please, let us know.) The 3M idea I recall came up in a thread, but I believe it was only speculation. (Yeah, it’s likely that it will be, but, who knows.)

• Charles Overbeck

September 8, 2021 at 10:09 pm

This is a great find Peter. I have ordered one myself. Hopefully the 3M 2080 Vinyl film series will be the what we can choose from with the “Custom Color” option upgrade available (which I have already added to mine)

• Peter Jorgensen

• Peter Jorgensen

Multi-color paint schemes

• my_discord_number_is_0328 bloody stupid

August 19, 2021 at 4:58 pm

see other car online configurators

some i still rerember are:

lexus lc500s nori green, atomic silver,

rolls royces petra gold, 103 ex concept blue, bentlys light gazzele

mclaren elvas gold, cirrus grey (like matte greyish white), Serpentine, “gulf” livery (and similar unsophisticated playful colors), mclaren 720s nardo orange, cirrus grey

mx 5 miatas pearl white and dark cherry red interior 100th anniversary, 50th anniversary dark red, deep crystal blue

2020 porsche 935 black and gold

something like vanta black/nanotube black, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53JclJwR4Po (at 7:47)

some paints change color under different amounts of light ie. from red orange in dark color to yellow under lot of light, how about a vserion of that that tranistions colors that imitate oher things, ex. simulating oceans water with its dark blue that transitions to teal to light blue in spectrum, and the paint reflects light liek sea water does. also fruit, like red orange yellow green of indian mango, pink lady apple, pinapple, shiny fish scales, lizard/snake skin

and combinations of colors… about idea of top color being different from bottom color, there can be a transition between 2 colors where 1 fades into another between edges of the taillight, that flow throught car.

colors that show shape of car most, ie. not too bright or dark, lots of color transitions depending on amount of light being shined on it which makes more eye catching the changes in shape as light seems to move across car as car or light source is moving, etc

a110 warthog shark/snake livery etc, branding emulation ex. arizona tea, Patagonia, coca cola, emulating things like marble stone, other stones, etc

metallic lavender

August 19, 2021 at 6:31 pm

the red lines show how giving visual lines a appearance of connecting to each other gives car a arguably more interesting look vs random lines flowing into each other as some of the lines now seem to be doing.

the line that that divides the window can also be colored so that there is a visual line flowing to the endpoint at the tail where all other lines flow toward, much like how the wind flows around the car. would be extra unique. also see the silver lien circled in the black car picture bellow. when sunlight reflects off of the shiny piece, the point of high bright reflection moves across that line as car is moving, giving a light animation emphasizing the shape of the line. its something that could be done with mirror-like chrome/mirror-like rose gold chrome/mirror-like gold chrome etc

the line at the wheel cover was supposed to emphasize the aerodynamic water drop/boat shape of the cabin, it may have to look different to give that appearance at a angle of appearance that most people will look at (which is the angle that people see car while standing or sitting next to it in their average height car, not the angle that the camera is looking at the car at in this picture. the standing angle is most important b/c owner and others approaching in parking lot is where people will pay the most attention to car/take pictures for social media/remember what they see, not while people are driving.)

• Peter Jorgensen

August 12, 2021 at 11:48 am

Misc – Placeholder

• Peter Jorgensen

August 12, 2021 at 11:50 am

Scene renders

• BMW Bloch

September 2, 2021 at 8:32 pm

Dark red metallic looks great.

• Peter Jorgensen

August 12, 2021 at 11:50 am

Placeholder for more renders

• GREG MIRICH

August 12, 2021 at 2:02 pm

Your graphic color schemes are awesome.

• John Malcom

August 12, 2021 at 2:10 pm

Probably should qualify these images with a statement that they are not official Aptera offerings for exterior color schemes but are provided by an Aptera enthusiast as personal, imaginative, creations. The only official exterior colors are Noir (Black), Sol (White), and Luna (Gray)

• Peter Jorgensen

August 12, 2021 at 4:32 pm

Take a look at the bottom left corner of every picture.

• John Malcom

August 15, 2021 at 4:18 pm

Yes but not all will open the pictures and this will most likely result in requests for these colors from people that don’t open them and mistakenly believe they are official/provided by Aptera or the only custom colors available.

• Dennis McCall McCall

August 15, 2021 at 4:35 pm

Or, possibly we can hope that people will read the opening comment so they have a clue as to what the thread is about.

• Michael May

August 12, 2021 at 2:52 pm

These are awesome!

Can you do a Luna Full Solar off-road?

• Peter Jorgensen

August 17, 2021 at 10:15 am

I can’t edit posts yet on the forum so here it is:

• Michael May

August 17, 2021 at 11:06 am

Sweet, thank you!!!

• Dennis McCall McCall

August 12, 2021 at 3:41 pm

Thanks for bringing this thread back, I’m still mulling over possibilities, and will send a request when I figure it out. Great Job!

• Neil Mazer

August 12, 2021 at 6:14 pm

My girlfriend loves purple!

• Riley _

August 13, 2021 at 1:44 am

This one is my favorite, thank you for making it.

• George Hughes

August 17, 2021 at 12:11 pm

I think what is needed is the wrap specifications based on the actual final spec body. More specifically, they should release the Aptera as a 3-D model that you can import into a wildly available program like Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw or even Google’s 3D program. Maybe choose a format that would likely be used by the sign and wrap companies.

This approach will ultimately help the brand as expanding the availability of the wraps to shops nationwide, means you can potentially source your ‘factory’ option wraps at a lower cost than you’d find at a shop in California. Maybe even bid a contract for 50 sets of a 20 popular color schemes to the thousands of shops capable of doing the work and figure your costs will be really low. Why? A particular shop will have in stock the inventory they are currently costing to do distinct schemes. One shop will do 3-schemes, another two, another five with this supplier and so on, because the lowest bids for each color scheme will be from shops able to produce them efficiently.

With some popularity, the cost of an ebay ad from one of the shops of a really cooool design, will make Aptera wraps ‘a thing’ like vape-box wraps. Oh, and that is free advertising.

I think what is needed from Aptera is their big picture attitude regarding wraps. I say this because I think the main effort at Aptera ought to be encouraging the aftermarket for wraps – i.e. making it real easy for wrap-type shops everywhere to bring their art to party.

• Lander Stoddard

August 17, 2021 at 4:21 pm

George, some good ideas here!

• TitusVR

September 3, 2021 at 1:19 am

+1 they should offer this “Snow”-Version (wich requires building white parts of hood, roof and hatch).

• Jeff Vayda

August 13, 2021 at 5:49 am

Impressive work. Two queries 1) Do you have a supplier lined up and if so 2) What is the availability of smaller custom ‘wraps’ (specifically thinking of a ‘solar electric’ badge or similar.

Thanks

Jeff

Space Coast Amb

• Dennis McCall McCall

August 13, 2021 at 5:58 am

Jeff, Peter is an Aptera fan and not an Aptera employee. These renderings are created by him as a service to the rest of us, to assist in ideas for our own vehicles. I am not sure, but some have mentioned that Aptera will use 3M wraps, requests for specialties should go through Aptera, but I have no idea if they are anywhere near dealing with requests along that line. (I want to know as well so I can consider some choices) Once again, Many Thanks to Peter for these illustrations.

• Jeff Vayda

August 13, 2021 at 6:31 am

Yeah thanks, got all that from the previous webcast just playing on the forums and wanted to set a hook as a reminder. (and test my new Amb tag)

• Dennis McCall McCall

August 13, 2021 at 6:54 am

I’d give a thumbs up for that, but I don’t seem to have that function for posts from my computer and phone. (If you see one, let me know.)

• Mark Langenhoven

August 13, 2021 at 12:02 pm

That teal is really speaking to me. I’m hoping for a satin green chrome for my actual car.

• Charles Overbeck

August 13, 2021 at 10:41 pm

I really like the Satin Flip Caribbean Shimmer from the 2080 series. Really hoping this is an option for the Custom Color from Aptera

DOWNLOAD 2080 COLOR POSTER (PDF)

• Dean McManis

August 22, 2021 at 11:34 pm

Once I saw that Aptera was looking at 3M wraps I was also drawn to their Flip (photochomic) wraps, to really make the custom look something special!

• Peter Jorgensen

August 30, 2021 at 7:52 pm

Hey Charles – Here’s an attempt at that.

• Dean McManis

September 2, 2021 at 6:22 pm

Looks Great!

• Charles Overbeck

September 3, 2021 at 6:28 pm

Thanks. Looks really good. Hard to show the full effect though as it does change from different angles to the vehicle. That is the part that is so impressive to me (about the flip patterns)

Fingers crossed Aptera will support colors like these (Already have selected custom color in my pre-order)

• Dennis McCall McCall

September 5, 2021 at 10:31 am

Hoping that the rumors that the 3M colors will be available turns out to be correct.

• Dennis McCall McCall

August 14, 2021 at 6:08 am

The color flips are definitely in the area of my thinking as well, want to see what Peter does with these.

• Nigel Topper

August 14, 2021 at 11:01 am

I was thinking maybe the wheel wells could be a chrome wrap so they disappear into the road and make the car appear to float.

• Henry Kitt

August 14, 2021 at 11:16 am

I just can’t wait to see the custom interior options. I’m ok with either Noir or an all unwrapped gloss black exterior. The interior is where I want to leave nothing to be desired at this point. And it seems they’ve deviated from the interior colors featured in their Noir a bit. It’s nicer looking than their current Vida option, but maybe that’s a Paradigm edition color scheme…

• Paul Evans

August 14, 2021 at 3:21 pm

Does anyone know the 3M color specification that’s the closest match to the solar panels?

• Dean McManis

August 30, 2021 at 7:02 pm

2080 Gloss Boat Blue. It’s a dark navy color wrap.

• Mark Langenhoven

August 17, 2021 at 9:44 am

@Peter Jorgensen could you send me a full render of the green chrome / black version? I want that for my wallpaper.

• Lander Stoddard

August 17, 2021 at 4:23 pm

Thanks, Peter!

Just for fun, how about an Orca?

• Peter Jorgensen

August 30, 2021 at 7:58 pm

Cow paint job! I mean Orca!

• Carl Knapp

August 30, 2021 at 9:35 pm

If you completed the wrap with a Packer logo it would sell out in Wisconsin.

• Pistonboy

August 22, 2021 at 10:55 pm

I can see this is going to be a very popular thread, for a very long time.

• Fanfare 100

August 30, 2021 at 10:59 am

Can somebody do a rendering of the Off-road version with full soar and the Gloss Flip Psychedelic *GP281 colour choice, pretty please?? 😄🙏

• Peter Jorgensen

August 30, 2021 at 7:56 pm

I tried a bunch of things and this was about as close as I could get without trying to actively paint each color bit.

• Fanfare 100

September 8, 2021 at 3:16 pm

OOOHHH! Thank you Peter! My imagination is going wild over here!!

• Fanfare 100

September 19, 2021 at 8:57 pm

I just saw a car today with this exact same colour scheme. It looked very kewl!!

• rich garlick

August 30, 2021 at 6:09 pm

peter, can i see Ford’s Grabber Blue….love that color.

Thank You in Advance.

• Peter Jorgensen

August 30, 2021 at 7:58 pm

Like this? Or with some racing stripes?

• rich garlick

August 31, 2021 at 9:12 pm

That’s sweet! I am far from artistic where would you put racing stripes on it?

September 3, 2021 at 6:21 pm

how about including different colored tints like white/silver window tint on different color, gold like a f22 cabin glass

Does anyone have experience w/ silver or white window tinting? How does it look from the inside looking out? from cars

<font face=”inherit”>ive been thinking of that lines in a color distinct from background to indicate major </font>aerodynamic<font face=”inherit”> wind paths, or lines as described in my post in this thread under the one with lot of pictures of other car in it</font>

September 5, 2021 at 4:02 pm

more potential coach lines for the wrap. bottom one goes around what would be front trunk lid in normie car. it also looks like it could line up to replicate Nike shoe logo, but i dont know if their would be legal issues for painting a intellectual property like a logo although it maybe no problem if it not excatly the same logo and if u misspell “nike” or use different font etc

Viewing 1 - 25 of 33 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now