Any Interest in an Informal Zoom Discussion Meeting?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Any Interest in an Informal Zoom Discussion Meeting?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Any Interest in an Informal Zoom Discussion Meeting?

• Any Interest in an Informal Zoom Discussion Meeting?

Ray Holan updated 1 month, 2 weeks ago 4 Members · 11 Posts
  • Ray Holan

October 17, 2021 at 12:07 pm

In the category of “things to do while we wait for Apteras to be finalized and delivered” would anyone on the forum be interested in participating in an official or unofficial monthly Zoom discussion meeting about Aptera? I think a videoconference exchange in real time would be a nice occasional upgrade from our text-limited forum โ€” not that I have any gripes about the forum itself which has been a great source of education and shared enthusiasm IMHO.

I know the company issues monthly video updates and holds webinars for investors and ambassadors, but I was envisioning a more informal general discussion format perhaps hosted by one of the forum moderators on a videoconferencing platform like Zoom. Each meeting might have one main topic for discussion but also allow time for general give-and-take. If nothing else, it would be fun to hear from some of the technical gurus who have contributed great content on the forum over the last month or so that I’ve be here. I wasn’t thinking of anything fancy. Maybe an hour or hour and a half at most. Some basic groundrules like limiting your podium time to 2-3 minutes to give everyone a chance for some air time would be helpful.

Just throwing this out there as a trial balloon. Any interest in something like this?

• John Malcom

October 17, 2021 at 2:55 pm

With the forum, the numerous social media channels, monthly reports, and Maker Videos, I have more than enough opportunities to learn about and discuss Aptera from Aptera official sources. I will pass on adding another one official or otherwise.

As it is, during Covid, I am spending way to much time on Zoom with consulting engagement contacts. I need a break from the machines and have personal contact with physical people not their images on a screen๐Ÿ˜–

• Ray Holan

October 17, 2021 at 3:10 pm

Thanks for considering the idea anyhow, John. I share your screen-time fatigue syndrome. Nevertheless, given our geographically diverse community, we are stuck with a technological solution. You’re right. We have the forum, social media and other avenues. The unique feature of a Zoom meeting is the spontaneous and direct element that for me is missing in the forum format. I’d at least like to have the experimental experience of one Zoom meeting of this type and see whether it has any appeal to others. Of course, this might be something that appeals to me, but not others. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. If it falls flat, I’m still riding the Aptera train no matter what. Best regards, man.

• Lou Verner

October 17, 2021 at 4:35 pm

Ray,

A members Zoom meeting might be of interest to a lot of us but therein lies the problem. Donโ€™t know our exact number, but a Zoom meeting of dozens (scores) would seemingly be frustrating at best. Through this forum I feel like Iโ€™ve become part of a new group of sympaticos and look forward to more enlightening exchanges!

BTW, does anyone know if Luna reveal Tuesday is same as Beta reveal? Timing seems right!

• Ray Holan

October 17, 2021 at 4:41 pm

I hear what you’re saying I think. Yes, a group of 10-12 at a time is about max for a reasonable exchange in a Zoom meeting. I’ve been in Zoom meetings for other groups I’m involved with and once you get beyond the magic dozen members, it does get more frustrating than helpful.

On the Luna front, it is probably more likely to be an Alpha than a Beta if we consider that Beta tooling is just now coming into being.

• Lou Verner

October 17, 2021 at 4:46 pm

So only an Alpha in silver body rather than highlighting more technical advances? Sorry but that hardly seems worthy of countdown clock!

• John Malcom

October 17, 2021 at 5:38 pm

We know for sure it is a Luna reveal. We don’t know what else may be included or what the Luna configuration has as functionality vs. the other Alphas. Perhaps it is an Alpha+

A number of enthusiasts on the forum have ordered Lunas and are interested in seeing one. It is also a commitment on the Part of Aptera that they will satisfy. (Finishing one of each color). Glad to see they are willing to expend the time and resources to do so.

A lot is learned by constructing the prototypes. A great opportunity to try the practicality of ideas.

Don’t think it is wasted time!

• Ray Holan

October 17, 2021 at 6:13 pm

Righto, not wasted time. Practice makes perfect โ€” or as close as humanly possible anyhow.

• Sarah

Administrator
    October 17, 2021 at 7:13 pm

Hi! I feel very lucky to have fans who just can’t get enough of Aptera! ๐Ÿ™‚ I wanted to remind everyone that we have a dedicated group of global Ambassadors who meets regularly with Zoom calls if you are looking for more of an insider perspective. These are volunteer positions that include responsibilities such as attending events, commenting on social media, outreaching to government officials, etc. If you are interested, there is an application required. Please email ambassador@aptera.us for details on how to join. Thanks! -Sarah

• Ray Holan

October 18, 2021 at 5:14 am

Thanks for the reminder about the Ambassador program, Sarah. I have thrown my hat into the ring and am waiting to hear if there is room for one more Aptera fan. I have seen the past recordings of Ambassador meetings and they are very informative and exciting.

The Zoom meeting format I was proposing in the original post would be a much more modest affair designed for smaller clusters of people who frequent this discussion forum. The benefit would be direct dialogue that goes beyond scanning through written posts. We would be able to see and hear each other in realtime โ€” a richer experience for all.

Nothing lost by trying it one time IF there is enough interest. I think 6-12 people willing to do this experiment for an hour would quickly discover whether there’s merit in it or not.

Go Aptera! Looking forward to the Luna reveal!

• Ray Holan

October 20, 2021 at 5:44 am

I gather from the general lack of interest that the idea of having a Zoom meeting for forum members is a non-starter. As has been pointed out in the comments, there is a lot of social media activity re: Aptera and many of us have reached our Zoom tolerance level what with remote work and/or far-flung family Zoom meetings. No worries there. It was worth taking the survey anyhow.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now