Alarm System (& MARKETING) idea

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Alarm System (& MARKETING) idea

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Alarm System (& MARKETING) idea

• Alarm System (& MARKETING) idea

• Ron Ledohowski

August 30, 2021 at 8:21 am

A proximity alarm. The Aptera will catch attention. Given this reality, an alarm system that plays a recorded message under various circumstance or touch saying. “Please be respectful. Please standback This is an all electric 1000 mile range Aptera. Information on me is available at aptera.us with plenty of video, information & close up pictures there.”

Turn the Aptera logo to a QRcode (or provide one below) that can also take them to an opening Aptera video, then info. & website.

Abbreviate or change but you get the idea. Why not the verbal recording first then an extreme intense screech after. Remote message to your phone or app with camera(s) providing a feed upon each warning/commercial.😉

• Steven G. Bueche

August 31, 2021 at 2:01 am

I can see this as a promotional tool used on the Aptera Tour of Events. lol It could do the work for them while they were at lunch or taking a break.

The QR code could also give them your referral code to help you get that free car.

“Save $30 by scanning this code”

• my_discord_number_is_0328 bloody stupid

August 31, 2021 at 12:52 pm

just a removable sticker would be enough, what would trigger the audio? would it play every time a sensor feels something move? it would be rather annoying for anyone staying around it

• Ron Ledohowski

August 31, 2021 at 2:24 am

Exactly. It’s flexible & innovative that way to me.

Side Note: Vehicle needs some down lit Green LED in the wheel wells and the Aptera will look like it’s floating/flying.

• Ron Ledohowski

August 31, 2021 at 3:49 am

Consider marine grade/yacht/high end flooring inside for both front and rear areas.

• my_discord_number_is_0328 bloody stupid

August 31, 2021 at 12:49 pm

old forum had thread about interior that included idea of phone app instead of infotainment screen, and aftermarket connection to HUD or aftermarket screen as dashboard for essential stuff specific to car. this would be cheaper than expensive standard big built in screens. there was also idea of mic attachment to phone for practical voice commands programmability b/c some phones dont have advanced mics to make such thing practical with highway wind noise, speaker noise etc. such thing could also be ones earphone and built in microphone. all multipurpose aftermarket solutions instead of built in stuff youd only use while in car, it just needs easy compatibility. there are also bone ear buds with built in mic if thats something you want.

the app compensates for a presumably small phone screen size by separating groups of configuration into pages that can be swiped through like how one can swipe top of screen downward for playing audio, flashlight etc on i phone (unlike scrolling down a website on a laptop, the swipe scrolls to desired position on page without user having to be precise with the touchscreen scroller by having each page as specific position instead of user scrolling in between pages) . basic configuration like AC/heater audio/radio pause/play/track/volume exists in these pages so its easily done while driving, while complex tasks like setting up seat memory, audio playlist memory, etc can be done in a folder page to force user to do such tasks while car parked somewhere or when stuck in traffic, instead of trying to do all that while driving.

with apple glasses type thing, there would theoretically be no need for a screen in car another at laptop another as a TV etc, when display is virtualized on top of ones vision

• Ron Ledohowski

August 31, 2021 at 4:22 am

Echo Auto- Hands-free Alexa – in your car with your phone. Simple standard include IMHO:

Better yet if my projector idea below chosen. (Also has Alexa built in).

https://portal.facebook.com/ca/products/portal-tv /

Finally, assuming we can attach devices like Chromecast, Roku, Apple, Firestick or Android streaming devices to run off center screen when parked for camping.

Does a 12v beverage cooler built in between (ie behind) the seat backs a good idea? I see there is a flap that is to come into place to fill void between deck and folded seat back. This cooler would fit between that (the two seats) and that helping to fill in that area (support) and void fully.

Finally, would be cool & easy for small LED projector to be an option so as to be able to project video to white panel on tent with an option to reverse image view that would make visible from outside depending on location of black out panel. Basically duplicate front and rear facing projector. Not a difficult tech add on. Visualize doors open for outdoor theater and sound.

• John Malcom

August 31, 2021 at 8:11 am

I think you are a little late with the plethora of suggestions for the Aptera, and maybe just having fun on the forum?

The engineering work has been completed on the Beta prototypes and Aptera is in the process of building them. As few changes as possible will be made for the Gama, and Delta prototypes as changes at this point in development are detrimental to the published production schedule.

The Aptera is well engineered with features and tech that will sell the vehicle. No gimmicky features are needed for this purpose. Of course, once you get your Aptera, you are free to make any mods you want or work with third party vendors to produce them.

As for the QR code, it need not be on the vehicle itself. It just needs to be in the area where the car is displayed , and hopefully many places so a lot of people can access it.

<font face=”inherit”>Let’s leave the feature determination to marketing and engineering, people who are experienced at scientifically </font>determining<font face=”inherit”> what appeals to the largest segment of the target market. </font>

• Ron Ledohowski

August 31, 2021 at 8:39 am

I disagree wholeheartedly. I have off the shelf items in mind and you obviously don’t understand the process they are using to create the shell and related. Think boat (& hull) or high end trailer build.

The mechanical remains unaffected by the options I’ve suggested.

Much of what I suggest helps add to the magic and Cool Factor, incl the potential marketing opportunities that it creates with no real added inhouse R&D to deploy for the most part. Just a little logic and thought.

Much of my suggestions are existing, plug in (or OEM hardwire), low voltage, light on weight & power consumption.

Reimaginig & repurposing easy (“existing”), simple, common, useful & effective tech while also thinking outside the box.

Imagineers Innovate a NEW Tomorrow, ALWAYS‼️

DREAM – IMAGINE – ENVISION – CONCEIVE

BTW, the Aptera Paradigm can be considered an electronic device unto itself; a transportation device. Enhance & compliment its purpose.

• Ozman

August 31, 2021 at 1:49 pm

Ronchie, it’s just an “Aptera” by Aptera. Paradigms are a sold out limited edition model totaling 330 vehicles.

• Ron Ledohowski

August 31, 2021 at 10:42 pm

My BAD. I made a typo, I guess. My DUH.

• Ron Ledohowski

September 24, 2021 at 9:09 am

Amazon is also working with car manufacturers to get Alexa onto the in-dash infotainment systems of more brands. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-09-24/amazon-working-on-large-wall-echo-sound-bar-and-new-auto-device

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now