Aptera Community Aptera Discussions 3 circles

• 3 circles

Pistonboy Delux updated 1 month ago 10 Members · 12 Posts
  • Harold lynch

November 2, 2021 at 9:18 am

Does anyone know the purpose of the 3 circles between the door and the logo

• Curtis Cibinel

November 2, 2021 at 9:25 am

Think its a quick state of charge visual but that’s a guess.

• Lou Verner

November 2, 2021 at 9:39 am

May be wrong, but thought I saw/heard something about that being keyless entry site – perhaps hold up phone or key card to it.

• Curtis Cibinel

November 2, 2021 at 9:57 am

It is that also but I think the number lit is meaningful.

• Leonard Nowak

November 2, 2021 at 11:36 am

It the latest Jay Leno Garage video with Aptera/ Chris and Steve… Chris mention. Charging and entry, but I think that was a partial answer?

• Peter Jorgensen

November 2, 2021 at 11:51 am

I believe wave your hand upwards to unlock, wave downwards to lock. Also displays charging percent. The three lights is pretty common on EVs although it’s usually on the center of the dash.

• Harold lynch

November 2, 2021 at 2:39 pm

It seemed to me Jay was a little confused by the circles. He thought it was to open the door. When he commented about having to have the window down in the rain might not be a good thing, he was told there is a button but it was not hooked up at that time.

• kerbe2705

November 2, 2021 at 3:11 pm

I believe it’s purely a design affectation – similar to the overly-large glogos on either side of the vehicle. In an interview early on the designer said he HOPED they’d be used to lock and unlock the doors…

• Paul Schultz

November 2, 2021 at 4:46 pm

IIRC the 3 circles indicate charge state and there is a location very close to these that will take a thumbprint to unlock the door…. at least that is what I recall from the Leno video.

Paul

• Llewellyn Evans

November 3, 2021 at 1:04 am

ooooh. I was wondering about that.

I did hear there was a charge indicator but I did not know what to look for. Thanks Paul🖖

• James Papke

November 3, 2021 at 8:12 am

Stupid question: what does the Aptera green logo thing represent?

• Pistonboy Delux

November 3, 2021 at 9:01 am

Nathan Armstrong has stated the three circles were for unlocking and locking the door. Your wave your had down or upward depending what you want to do. This was a few months ago.

However, it looks like this has been abandoned and replaced with thumb print readers.

Too bad. I thought waving your hand was very cool looking.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now