120 Days until First Delivery

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions 120 Days until First Delivery

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions 120 Days until First Delivery

• 120 Days until First Delivery

Posted by charles-overbeck on August 31, 2021 at 7:19 pm

So as the end of August sets in and September fast approaches we are just about to tick over to 120 days until the very end of 2021.

The goal of Aptera as has been stated several times and stands as delivering the first customer vehicle by the end of 2021.

With that in mind I thought it would be helpful to highlight all the things we want to see from Aptera before the 120 day mark.

Of course the information sharing will need to step up to a much more rapid pace (certainly weekly but likely much faster with only 17 weeks left in the year.)

Now not everyone of these will be done by Aptera directly but most will. Here are 40 that I could come up with:

Do you have any you would like to Add?

1 Beta Vehicles

2 Gamma Vehicles

3 Delta Vehicles

4 Real Road Testing

5 Full Solar config Charging Tests

6 Vehicle Testing by Elaphe to fine tune their motors for Aptera

7 Battery Config and BMS

8 AWD vs FWD comparisons on the Race Track and Off road

9 Final Door and Window Design

10 Crash Testing

11 Real Capacity Battery and Range Tests. (ie 70mph – 400Mile Range for 400 Mile unit)

12 Real User Interface of center display

13 Navigation, and Maps support

14 Charging Support

15 Running the vehicle in Reverse.

16 Real Turning Radius and capabilities. (Tank mode?)

17 Lift Gate and Doors opening and closing via App?

18 Wraps actually on the Aptera (Can we specify any custom 3M 2080 Wrap?)

19 Real Interior Design (Colors, Combinations, Possibilities with customized option)

20 Final Seat Designs

21 Number of Cup holders 🙂

22 Driving at speed and sounds in the Cabin (How quiet is it?)

23 Data and connections available for those of us who want to enhance our Aptera.

24 Air Conditioning Stress test (in the Desert with 100 DegF outside)

25 Heating Stress Tests (in the cold of the Mountains in sub-zero temperatures)

26 Regen and One Pedal Driving

27 Windshield Wipers

28 Default Audio vs Upgraded Audio

29 Camping Kit on a vehicle

30 Dog Kit on a vehicle

31 SafetyPilot Upgrade (what does it give you)

32 Off Road Kit on a vehicle

33 Test Drives by outside parties

34 Camera config (Just Vision or does the Safety Pilot upgrade include Radar or Infrared Cameras?)

35 Loading up a Real Aptera to truly gauge space (suitcases, groceries Etc)

36 Parking Tests

37 Side by Side comparisons with competing vehicles (Model 3, ID 4, Mach E)

38 Phone App Design and Support?

39 Vehicle to Load support

40 Headlights / Night Driving

jeff-southern-southern replied 7 months, 1 week ago 13 Members · 15 Replies
  • 15 Replies
  • 120 Days until First Delivery

• charles-overbeck

September 1, 2021 at 4:14 pm

For Reference the only 2 things I had on the list back in June that I feel have been satisfied were:

a) New Investing in Aptera

b) New Website

Any other items that you feel really need to be explained/shown in the next 120 days?

• steve-lee

September 2, 2021 at 10:30 am

I seriously doubt that the first delivery will be in 2021. How many new EVs launched on time. Has any Tesla vehicle launched on time? When was Rivian supposed to deliver a vehicle? How about Fiskar? Lucid? Lucid was supposed to deliver a vehicle in 2020. I think they might BARELY make the end of 2021.

• Pistonboy

September 2, 2021 at 8:15 pm

They may deliver one vehicle at the end of 2021 in order to fulfill original projections. It would probably be a single vehicle that will move under its own power but will still receive much finishing work after delivery.

• joseph-stewart

September 5, 2021 at 3:07 pm

WOW nice..120 days.. I better start saving up I am close to #1..well kinda…LOL

• charles-overbeck

September 7, 2021 at 11:17 pm

112 Days left Now and a little sneak peak about upcoming Beta Vehicles. (#1) Still sounds like they are a few weeks away.

https://aptera.us/community/discussion/beta-news/

And likely a new one for the list

41 – Factory Ramp/Optimization plans. (with a goal of 40 Vehicles per day plan which would be 10400 vehicles in a year (assuming 5 days a week and 52 weeks out of the year with a little buffer for holidays). Can Aptera really get to 5,000 or even 10,000 vehicles in 2022?

• ted-pierce

September 21, 2021 at 5:41 pm

I would like to add to the list.

Will there be over the air updates for software?

Will there be cameras to record 360 degrees like Tesla’s sentry mode?

Will they be allowed to have cameras for side view mirrors?

Will they be allowed to use Tesla’s Supercharger network?

What is the payload limit?

Will there be driving events for reservation holders?

• david-marlow

September 21, 2021 at 9:02 pm

I would consider it a very great success if they produce a total of 6,000 by the end of 2022!

At that rate they would well on there way to there 10k / year goal for 2023.

However, they still have a lot of hurdles to cross.

• harry-parker

September 22, 2021 at 4:39 pm

Hi guys. Time to carefully reread the FAQ’s section of this website. Several of the questions asked here are answered there. For example, “What’s the payload limit?”

The main point I wanted to mention is that Aptera no longer plans to deliver any EVs by the end of the year. They, like every other auto maker, have been hit hard by COVID related part delays and shortages. Read the “When” question there. The answer hasn’t changed since this new web site and forum was launched.

Now they only expect to have the final production design completed by the end of this year. Nothing about customer deliveries in 2021.

First customer deliveries will be “sometime” in 2022.

Full production volume of 10,000 per year ( = 830 per month = about 40 per working day) is planned for the end of next year.

• romeo-salcedo

September 27, 2021 at 8:13 am

When will Aptera start delivering preordered vehicles?

Aptera is working to have our production-intent vehicle design finalized by the end of 2021. The first vehicles delivered will be our Paradigm editions, starting with our 400 mile, FWD version. From there, we will look to scale production to a rate of 10,000 vehicles a year by the end of 2022.

• Biker

December 23, 2022 at 3:55 pm

So, the production intent design slipped by at least a full year but at least we seem to be there now. Let the guessing begin when the title of this thread will be close to accurate.

• ROMAD

December 23, 2022 at 7:00 pm

1 Sep 24

• david-marlow

December 23, 2022 at 11:28 pm

From when this was first posted, 120 weeks may have been more accurate.

At this point without new investments totaling over 50 million, we won’t even see the first Delta’s for 120 days.

Hopefully, once the Deltas have been available to be seen and driven by evaluators, there will be enough investments towards even more factories. What if a country would intice Aptera to build a factory there, with a gift of more than $100 million, would that do it?

• Phil

December 24, 2022 at 12:36 am

Just wishful thinking on my part, but maybe Italy already did this? That might explain the positive attitude on the latest videos and posts from Aptera. As to why this would not have been already announced, maybe they are just waiting for the right moment, like the start of CES (the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas in early January). If not then, maybe SXSW in Austin, Texas in March.

• Jon_Arryn

December 24, 2022 at 7:50 am

It could be longer than 120 days, depending on funding. Lack of sufficient funding has killed many a startup. The financing market is really poor going into 2023. The past couple of years were excellent for easy money. Today? Not so much…

Back in 2009, the Elio G looked promising, $7450 for a ICE vehicle with 84MPG. Ultimately, never reached the required funding/loans to bring it to fruition. The proposed 2021 electric version w/156 miles range and $14,900 starting price is seemingly dead. The original Aptera never made it. Same for the Sondors electric, 2-passenger, 3-wheeler; DOA, due to lack of funding constraints. IMHO, it was a beautiful vehicle.

The $18,500 Electra Meccanica Solo just started production in Mesa, AZ last week; just a few miles away from me. The range (100 miles) and size doesn’t work for my needs. If they built a Duo, with longer range, then it would be interesting to compare to Aptera.

• jeff-southern-southern

September 15, 2023 at 8:35 am

This post did not age well…

or to reply.