12 New Beta Vehicles?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions 12 New Beta Vehicles?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions 12 New Beta Vehicles?

• 12 New Beta Vehicles?

Henry Kitt updated 1 month, 1 week ago 5 Members · 7 Posts
  • Charles Overbeck

August 16, 2021 at 9:15 pm

https://twitter.com/aptera_motors/status/1427435028682842112

Just saw that there were 12 New CA License plates that were posted by Aptera. Definitely excited to see 12 Beta vehicles being assembled and traveling the roads to test all sorts of conditions and show off the new vehicles. Maybe even at an Auto Show sometime this Fall?

• Kenneth Bolinsky

August 16, 2021 at 9:32 pm

Or it could mean four each of beta, gamma and delta…

• Henry Kitt

August 16, 2021 at 11:30 pm

I was told that their beta vehicles won’t look as visually pleasing as the alpha prototypes, so they don’t care so much about unveiling those. Probably gamma will be the next pretty ones, unless something changed.

• Kenneth Bolinsky

August 17, 2021 at 8:17 am

Told by whom?

• Henry Kitt

August 17, 2021 at 8:33 am

Someone from Aptera, through email.

• Gabe Kemeny

August 17, 2021 at 5:52 am

I think this is the same plan as the 2008-9 vintage vehicles where they had 11 betas before the company folded.

• John Malcom

August 17, 2021 at 8:21 am

Only speculation at this point until Aptera makes an announcement hopefully this month. I doubt 12 Betas. Beta is still an engineering vehicle to validate changes from Alpha lessons learned. Probably want to reserve higher rate prototype production for Gama and Delta. I anticipate that Gama will go through some destructive testing which would require a few more vehicles. This testing may follow through into Delta depending on the results.

But…..Aptera has surprised us before 😃

Exciting Aptera times!

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now